Quote Originally Posted by pkr1979 View Post
And Kent in SD... thanks for the comments and for mentioning the dripping silver in particular - I will need that portable darkroom after all :-)

If you do it in a room or place your wife cares about, just be sure to put down a lot of plastic (not paper) to cover everything. Remember that there is silver on your gloves and anything you touch can cause a stain. Don't leave chemical bottles open unless you are using them. If you do drip some silver on something wet a paper towel down with fixer and carefully wipe it up, then follow up with a damp paper towel. The silver solution is clear so you don't notice it at first. After the light has hit it a few times it turns dark brown. When I mix chemicals I do it using the plastic lid of a large storage box, upside down. This catches any spills and splatters. I also put the cat outside so she doesn't knock any bottles over. You know how cats are. As for workshops, they are useful but I didn't go to one. I just watched videos and got a few tips from forums. The manuals from John Coffer or Mark Osterman are very good and complete. I also think this guy has done a very basic and complete job with his series:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Kent in SD