Thread: Hello from Seatle

Hello from Seatle

Not sure I am in the right place for solution to my quest. I have searched for a professional photographer to take a photo of a mural that measures 20'w x 14'h - that I want to replicate on a similar sized vinyl banner - hard to move the mural. I have spoken to several capable friends with quality 35mm equipment, but say that they cannot get enough resolution from their equipment for that large of print. Is a large format camera the answer - and is there anyone in Seattle area that would consider the project? Price?

Jimbob

Re: Hello from Seatle

Go to Glasers and ask them.

Perhaps someone with a Betterlight scanning back can do that. The group is at betterlight@groups.io

Kumar

I'll be in Seattle next week with a 4"x5"...

Exploring Large Format Exploring Large Format's Avatar

I am neither experienced enough nor likely have the right lighting to contribute, but if a socially distant pair of hands is useful, I'd welcome the opportunity to watch an experienced person tackle this project. Happy to play inexperienced but eager assistant. In Seattle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

A good 8x10 shooter should be able to do it.\
    A good digital high end camera should be able to do it - in sections and stitched together for a final file to use.

Check with Commercial Photographers in the area. Phase One or similar high end digital shot in sections and stitched should be something they can do.

Doing it at night with controlled lighting may be needed for best results.
    ” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Thanks to all for your generous help. If Glazer's in Seattle is open, I agree it might be the best "first" effort to find local help. I am waiting for a response from a local digital photographer. I had heard about taking partial shots and stitching them together via software before - well above my pay grade.

I will share whatever I come up with in the future - it I get it resolved - thank you all again.

Jimbob