Thread: Kodak Ektachrome Marketing Demo color transparencies

Kodak Ektachrome Marketing Demo color transparencies

Idea, might not work at all, might work.

Have a stack of Kodak color transparencies made by Kodak for marketing demo of their last generation Ektachrome color transparency films.
    This topic of what can be used as a point of reference comes up too often.

Proposal, Can send these to a LFF member with a GOOD scanner (not going to be a flat bed Epson or similar) and enough skill and expertise at running that scanner to produce some high resolution, high fidelity scans of these images in LARGE digital file sizes to be share with others as points of reference for what Ektachrome color transparencies should be.

Knowing this could be a copyright issue, not sure if this is possible. Still the color transparencies are available and they are doing no good siting in their original sales marketing carrier.

Suggestions:
    Bernice

Re: Kodak Ektachrome Marketing Demo color transparencies

Are you still interested in doing this? I’d be happy to scan these for you and share them.

Curious, these would be used for examples of what a good quality color transparency would be to be shared with all who are interested.

~Goal being, data point of reference for those who are interested in what proper color transparencies could be scanned into digital.~

These are color transparencies made by Kodak as sales and marketing tools from back in the day.

How best to do this?

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by ethanfg View Post
    Are you still interested in doing this? I’d be happy to scan these for you and share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    Curious, these would be used for examples of what a good quality color transparency would be to be shared with all who are interested.

~Goal being, data point of reference for those who are interested in what proper color transparencies could be scanned into digital.~

These are color transparencies made by Kodak as sales and marketing tools from back in the day.

How best to do this?

Bernice
    Bernice,

Your PM inbox is full, contact me through my site - www.vancouverdrumscan.com - and we will discuss. I think this would be a fun project to do, and I'd like to see the results myself. If you send them to me I'd be happy to scan them free for public use purposes. We can share them on this site after. It shouldn't be a copyright issue unless it's used for personal gain. If we're using it for examples only (which is what they were intended for use originally) it should be fine.

Ethan