Thread: Negative carriers for DURST Laborator Ce 1000

Negative carriers for DURST Laborator Ce 1000

Today spent the day in the darkroom using my DURST Laborator Ce 1000 with its OEM Camneg 35mm to 4x5 glassless negative carriers. I have never really liked using my OEM "Camneg" carriers. Between their smallish format openings and being made of thickish metal, I have never been able to project the edges of my exposed film frames. Now I really want to project 100% of the image on the film, but I'm not able to using Camneg carriers.

Have come down to three options:

1. Locate non OEM negative carriers that fit the Ce 1000. In the 1980s I had and used Carlwen negative carriers. Loved them but they are now impossible to be found and I don't know if they ever even offered their carriers for the Ce 1000. I don't know of any other non OEM carriers that fit the DURST Ce 1000.

2. Take my current Camneg carriers and mill their openings to be maybe 1+mm larger that the format sizes. Acquired a small milling machine recently, so this option is very viable but irreversible. Back in the 1980s actually did enlarge my format openings in carriers for another enlarger so as they projected a little black border on my enlargements. Manually done with a hand file and seemingly took me forever.

3. Adapt Saunders LPL negative holders to the DURT Ce 1000. Did this with a glass 4x5 Saunders film carrier. Had to reduce the circumference of the circle made by the 2 "half moon" metal bottom "tabs". Was a pain to do, but it did work. Cost of acquiring additional Saunders negative carriers and having to modify them to fit the Ce1000 I believe a solution but not sure if it's worth the price and the trouble.

Anyone out there have any other options to consider?"

Thanks

Re: Negative carriers for DURST Laborator Ce 1000

Is the CE1000 like the 1000? Does it take a glass carrier? If so use that, you can print as little or as much as you want. I usually make a cardboard mask to fit over the top glass with whatever opening I want.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 8.34.57 PM.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	202976