Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Flashing still used with Multi-Contrast papers ??

Re: Flashing still used with Multi-Contrast papers ??

Quote Originally Posted by Doremus Scudder View Post
    Steve,

In the interest of smoothing things out and steering this thread toward a more objective tone, I'm requesting that we bury the hatchet and re-evaluate; both of us. The last thing I want to do is to be responsible for nastiness here. Let me make the first move.

Doremus,

I had made my mind up I was not going to respond unless there would be a willingness to move on and find more positive common ground. Your opening statement clearly suggests that and I am grateful for the opportunity to move in a positive direction. I really wanted nothing more than to move on without rehashing.

Still, there seems to be a need to re-characterize your same thoughts as seen below. I still maintain that's unfortunate to continue to illustrate your original point of view. I think our disconnect can be summed in this one choice of verb. You suggest my intention was to "Instruct" while I maintain my intention was to "Share". Seems like such a small difference, but that's where I think the divide happened and it snow balled from there.

I simply don't care to continue in a negative manner, so I will surely meet you half way with my apology to you personally and extend my full apology for subjecting all those involved in this thread for my part in our cat fight !!

Furthermore, while the article you linked to does lay out your technique, it also contains a lot of promotional material. To me, it seems more like an infomercial than an article solely intended to inform. Perhaps if you had simply linked to your article in the first post, the promotional content would not have been so objectionable to me. However, by the time I got there, I was feeling taken advantage of and fooled, so, yes, I likely reacted more strongly than I would have if I had not already been "primed," so to speak, to view things cynically.

I'm more than willing to meet you halfway on this, so please accept this "half-apology" for my possibly misunderstanding and overreacting. I hope you'll respond with the other half and restore my confidence, banish my cynicism and foster a congenial relationship.

Feel free to PM me if you don't wish to respond publicly.

We can argue about flashing some other time

Doremus

Real photographs are born wet !

www.PowerOfProcessTips.com

Steve...Doremus...c'mon - Flashing? Ya gotta step up to the plate...join the major leagues - and wear a proper trench coat! Works for me!

Next morning...yup - that was the bourbon talking!

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    Steve...Doremus...c'mon - Flashing? Ya gotta step up to the plate...join the major leagues - and wear a proper trench coat! Works for me!
    Well... I have been sitting around a lot with no pants these days. Maybe my skin is thinning? It's not about the flashing, though.

To all here,

I didn't really mean to start a conflagration here. And, I guess I'm not a moderator, so I really have no business policing the forum. I got tricked into replying to a topic and felt that needed addressing.

Steve,

My reaction may have been out of proportion, but you hit a nerve. Through all of this, I've tried to be civil and objective. I believe I managed to do that. At any rate, I'm dropping this and going back to my policy of not participating unless I can be constructive.

But please, do try to make your intentions clearer from the start next time.

Best,

Doremus