Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from South Korea

Re: Hello from South Korea

Welcome, June. One of my stepsons moved to Seoul about 12 years ago to teach English. He taught English in a private elementary school and now is teaching English in a private high school. My wife and I have visited Seoul twice and the trips left us with memories that will remain with us forever. I really liked visiting the food markets there is plenty of subject matter in them. Good luck exploring LF photography and don't hesitate asking questions, there is a wealth of knowledge here.

Welcome!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Pat
    Thanks for the welcome.
    It's wonderful that your stepson is helping Korean student learn how to communicate with the world in English. I learned a lot from my Englsih teacher who was also from the US in my school days. I'm sure the students are all appreciating your stepson's effort.
    It's great to hear that you had a great time in Seoul. It's a city built on each and every man's struggle and dream to live a better, modern life while trying to preserve the old tradition. That's what I like about the city.
    Anyways, thanks again and I'm really happy that I got into large format photography and joined the forum.

Peter
    Thank you! I'm all excited to shoot large fromat photography.

Welcome aboard, June! I lived on Kyushu (near Fukuoka city), so very close geographically to Korea. Sadly, only passed through Seoul and Busan. I bought my first 4x5 camera in Japan back in the early '90's. I still have it. For the past 18 years I've been using a Canham 8x10 Light Weight, and sometimes my homemade 14x17. Cheers!

Andy

Andrew

I apologize my reply is too late, I think I missed notification of your kind words.
    I've never been to Japan, but I know that there are many beautiful things to photograph there. So I think you were very lucky to have started large format photgraphy there! The camera I'm starting with is Linhof Kardan Bi, and I wish I could endure the test of time with it just like you. Anyways, thanks again for the welcome.

June

Quote Originally Posted by June L View Post
    Andrew

I apologize my reply is too late, I think I missed notification of your kind words.
    I've never been to Japan, but I know that there are many beautiful things to photograph there. So I think you were very lucky to have started large format photgraphy there! The camera I'm starting with is Linhof Kardan Bi, and I wish I could endure the test of time with it just like you. Anyways, thanks again for the welcome.

June
    Linhof is top notch gear. Is that a 4x5 camera? I started with a Cambo. I still have it but haven't used it since 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    Linhof is top notch gear. Is that a 4x5 camera? I started with a Cambo. I still have it but haven't used it since 1997.
    Yes it's a 4x5 camera. I think it lives up to the reputation, and I'm so happy I could get it. But, those 8x10, 14x17 cameras... wow. No wonder you leave your Cambo at home.
    I would like to venture into the world of 8x10 and larger formats somedays, but only after I earn enough money and become more exprienced. So hats off to you