Thread: Index Tabs to your film holders

Index Tabs to your film holders

While reading an topic here about a light leak with a SP-445 tank I came across this article, has anyone tried this, and with Toyo holders ?

https://shop.stearmanpress.com/blogs...t-the-only-one

Re: Index Tabs to your film holders

Yeah, they are the first on the list of google search results, whem you type "Index Tabs to your film holders"
    What about Arca-Swiss numbering holders?

Filing notches in the film holder flap is a quick permanent system for identifying a negative as being from a specific film holder. By using wide and narrow notches to represent the 0 and 1 of binary math, five notches per flap permit numbering each side of 15 film holders. One more notch raises that to 30. This system worked perfectly for me for many decades. For anyone uncomfortable with digital math, a system that assigns different numerical values to notches at different locations along the flap also works.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    Filing notches in the film holder flap is a quick permanent system for identifying a negative as being from a specific film holder. By using wide and narrow notches to represent the 0 and 1 of binary math, five notches per flap permit numbering each side of 15 film holders. One more notch raises that to 30. This system worked perfectly for me for many decades. For anyone uncomfortable with digital math, a system that assigns different numerical values to notches at different locations along the flap also works.
    I use notches too, but in a Roman-numeral system: small half-round notch = 1, "V"-shaped notch = 5, square notch = 10, thin slot = 50, etc.

However, the index tabs look pretty trick; I might have used that system had I known of it/how to do it years ago when I notched my holders.

Best,

Doremus

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

I just put a post-it note on the dark slide of each newly-loaded holder with the film type written on it. Pertinent information, (date, lens, intended development time) are added when shooting. The post-it stays with the film until after processing, when it's copied onto the negative sleeve.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

I have used the Stearman and it does work. No one else would probably make my typical-me error of placing the tabs in the notched corner of the film. I had to remove them and put them on the other side, all 14 holders. But it took well less than an hour.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/