Thread: Interesting you tube travelogues

Interesting you tube travelogues

Not much going on today so I was surfing you tubes and came across a pretty cool series of you tube road trip travelogues---mainly California centric, but there is an out of state portion of Route 66 you may enjoy.
    Not LF but he covers a lot of ground well covered by LF photographers (Big Sur, Highway 1, Highway 395, June Lake etc...)
    A talented young guy who includes family members, sometimes employs drones and is very positive.
    You may find some location inspiration for when this Covid pandemic eases up.
    Search for you tube for Through my lens, or California through my lens, and enjoy!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Re: Interesting you tube travelogues

I quite enjoy this guy's walks/rambles. A bit tedious at times, but the scenery is usually stunning and he's quite informative.
    I'm more than a bit envious, actually, and can only hope that I might someday have the opportunity to do some of these in person.

https://www.youtube.com/user/solitaryrambler/featured

Drew Wiley

I desperately want a real road trip, but will obviously have to wait till fall. Hope to be able to resume serious high country backpacking by late summer. The tricky part is in between. In about a month it will start turning hot inland here, making heavy pack workouts unrealistic. Hopefully, the cooler climes of nearby Marin County will start opening up by then. I don't think there would be any problem accessing relatively unused trails in the woods over there even now, but all the beach roads have been closed off to non-residents. It's gorgeous around here anyway at the moment. I'd think you'd be headed for Pine Flat or some place like that, John. My nephew says the poppies are spectacular in the lower Merced Canyon at the present, so the road up from the Kings toward Haslett Basin should be similar.

I was looking for such a YouTuber to watch. Thanks