Thread: Defend the Darkroom: interview with Sandy King

Defend the Darkroom: interview with Sandy King

In the latest episode on Defend the Darkroom there is an interview with me, and illustrations with some of my work, all carbon transfer.

https://www.facebook.com/defenddarkroom/

Defend the Darkroom is produced by Paulette Michayluk, a Toronto based photographer who has, among other things, worked with Bob Carnie in making tricolor gum over palladium prints.

Attached is one image included in the interview, from a negative about three decades old that I never printed until this year. From a 5X7 negative exposed in the area of Spain known as the land of the White Pueblos.

Sandy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails White Towns Landscape.jpg  
    Last edited by sanking; 4-Apr-2020 at 16:56.
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Re: Defend the Darkroom: interview with Sandy King

Fine image Sandy. Thanks for all your work on staining developers & for the Pyrocat formula. I look forward to listening to the interview

Great Interview Sandy you did not mention the lenscap or watering the rocks... I thank you for your Souther Charm

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Sandy, very nice talk. Kind of like hanging around with friends and talking. It was great to hear thank to both of you.

I listened to all the interviews and each brought a slightly different perspective of how they grew throughout their photographic career. Back in 2005-ish I Remember Sandy talking about Tmax and expansion and also read Sandy Kings' and Steve Sherman's conversations with Michael and Paula which led me to try Pyrocat and Bergger film. I hope they continue the interviews and capture more of the members here like Jim Fitzgerald, Vaugh, Jim Galli, and others who contribute regularly and have influenced so many of us. The interview brings out something extra beyond the postings.
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography

I listened to all of the interviews too and found them extremely interesting. Like Eric says, there's much more imparted in the audio than there is in forum postings.

Thanks to Paulette for creating the series and to Sandy for raising awareness of the interviews.

Mike

Very enjoyable. Thanks for posting and for all the good works in furthering photography.

Quote Originally Posted by mpirie View Post
    I listened to all of the interviews too and found them extremely interesting. Like Eric says, there's much more imparted in the audio than there is in forum postings.

Thanks to Paulette for creating the series and to Sandy for raising awareness of the interviews.

Mike
    Same here - it also provided a nice break from my “working from home” routine.
    I have been wanting to take Sandy’s workshop for some time; it has to be in Montana though - I have been wanting to go to Montana since 1976! (It’s a convoluted story).