Thread: Paul C Buff modifiers on Speedotron heads?

Paul C Buff modifiers on Speedotron heads?

Does anyone have any experience using Buff modifiers on Speedotron Heads? Specifically 102 heads?

I have both Einstein 640's and Blackline 102 heads, and seeing how I have had the Einsteins for much longer I have far more modifiers for that system. If I can, I would like to be able to use the same modifiers on my 102's, but so far have had no luck finding any adapters specifically made to do the trick, and after searches here and on the net in general I have only come up with one discussion about how to DIY it that was neither clear or convincing that it actually worked. I was wondering if anyone here has either DIY'd something that worked well or has any idea where I can buy adapters that would work.

Thanks.

Rob and MD

Re: Paul C Buff modifiers on Speedotron heads?

Speedatron is made by Promark Brands in Bartlett, IL. Why not ask them?

I have a bunch of Speedotron equipment. Short of using a tin snips and rivets, I don't see how to do this.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Thanks.

Did not get a reply from the email I sent them a few months ago. Might be time to try again.

Also, I was thinking the same thing about needing serious modification in order to work. The Buff speed rings clip in almost behind the strobe head while the Speedotron heads are held in further to the side, making the diameter of the opening smaller on the Buff rings. I was hoping there was an adapter that solved this issue but I'm thinking I will just have to shell out for new Mods for the 102 heads.

Quote Originally Posted by robertraymer View Post
    Thanks.

Did not get a reply from the email I sent them a few months ago. Might be time to try again.

Also, I was thinking the same thing about needing serious modification in order to work. The Buff speed rings clip in almost behind the strobe head while the Speedotron heads are held in further to the side, making the diameter of the opening smaller on the Buff rings. I was hoping there was an adapter that solved this issue but I'm thinking I will just have to shell out for new Mods for the 102 heads.
    The phone would have been much faster. Don’t know if they are open with Covid19.

If I remember rightly, you can buy Speedotron plates for softbox rings. Some rings allow you to interchange collars for various system. Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Spee.../dp/B003EWNWQK You would then have to attach this to your modifier, removing the old one first, and then riveting the new collar.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know