Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Bergger Print Film Question?

Re: New Bergger Print Film Question?

Quote Originally Posted by LFLarry View Post
    Peter, what developer did you use? I plan to use D-76.

What was your application of the print film? Making duplicate or enlarged negatives? What type of prints did you make?
    I always use diluted hc110. Heres why: when you use this developer you always know what you get. I'm using 1:47 always use a high dilution but write down exactly what you do so its repeated again. Developing times are around 5 minutes for the internegatives then I contact print the internegatives and develop in pyro for homemade POP EMULSION PRINTS

Quote Originally Posted by peter schrager View Post
    I always use diluted hc110. Heres why: when you use this developer you always know what you get. I'm using 1:47 always use a high dilution but write down exactly what you do so its repeated again. Developing times are around 5 minutes for the internegatives then I contact print the internegatives and develop in pyro for homemade POP EMULSION PRINTS
    Pete is right on , for this film HC110 is the right developer, I use it for the Rollie , Ilford and now Berrger Ortho film , and I used it back in the day to make my film positives and negatives.

Thanks Bob. That is comforting to know. Much appreciated.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by peter schrager View Post
    Hi Peter. I wanted to clarify.

Are you using HC-110 for both the inter-positive and inter-negative at the 1:47 dilution for about 5 min?

I assume you’re developing in trays but wanted to confirm?

In terms of contrast for your homemade POP prints, how do they compare to silver gelatin and Platinum?

Thanks

Larry

Anybody can suggest a devellopper to get positives with normal contrast ? Thx

Quote Originally Posted by pruts View Post
    Anybody can suggest a devellopper to get positives with normal contrast ? Thx
    Most developers can be used to create any contrast you want. the way film processing works is that the exposure sets where your least exposed area is, and the amount of time you develop it for places your densest area. If you want less contrast, expose the film bit less and develop a bit longer. if you want more contrast, expose the film a bit more and develop a bit less.

This basic principle is what Ansel Adams developed the Zone System based on, if you want to know all the technical details I suggest you read his book The Negative.

I am Belgian photographer. I bought a large roll printfilm of Bergger. I read the info on using HC110 ( concentration 1:47 for 5 minutes ). Are there any photographers that have more info on using different recepies for devellopping this printfilm and have normal contrast on large positives. Thx for reading and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by pruts View Post
    I am Belgian photographer. I bought a large roll printfilm of Bergger. I read the info on using HC110 ( concentration 1:47 for 5 minutes ). Are there any photographers that have more info on using different recepies for devellopping this printfilm and have normal contrast on large positives. Thx for reading and have fun.
    May you please give me some details about the way to cut the film in the darkroom, to make sheet films of the wished sizes?
    How do you do that to avoid scratches and dust?
    Any hint would be really appreciated!