Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where to look for used gear

Re: where to look for used gear

Facebook Buy/Sell Groups are the new big thing. There is a LF specific one.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Drew Wiley

There is also a tax filing delay due to the virus. Even on normal years, many people are reluctant to spend until they see what their tax bottom line looks like.

I feel the surge in finding bargains of used equipment has already started around here. Two event photographers that I know told me that they have decided to change professions. About 2 months ago both had full bookings through the end of this year. During last month every single one their bookings was cancelled. None were postponed. One of them is getting back to the restoring furniture business, and the other just wants to move on. Both have decided to sell their photo equipment now at bargain prices, fearing that they probably will get less over the next few months. The dilemma... would purchasing their equipment now at bargain prices be taking advantage of the present situation, or would it be just helping them to get a fresh start?

Foamer

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I feel the surge in finding bargains of used equipment has already started around here. Two event photographers that I know told me that they have decided to change professions. About 2 months ago both had full bookings through the end of this year. During last month every single one their bookings was cancelled. None were postponed. One of them is getting back to the restoring furniture business, and the other just wants to move on. Both have decided to sell their photo equipment now at bargain prices, fearing that they probably will get less over the next few months. The dilemma... would purchasing their equipment now at bargain prices be taking advantage of the present situation, or would it be just helping them to get a fresh start?
    Give them the current selling price minus ebay fee and they will get what the true current value is.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Greg, if you have a decent scale and a USPS account, you can print and pay for labels at home. Your regular letter carrier will pick the package up. We have a mailbox on our front porch's side wall, I just leave boxes there.

This won't work for everyone but might work for you.
    You can also generate USPS labels from paypal, even if it wasn't a sale via paypal.

(Shrek)

At the height of the great depression, unemployment in the USA hit 25%. That means 75% still had an income. This time 'round may be worse. If you are one of the 75% this time and have the money and the inclination to buy camera gear, please do, you may be helping someone more than you know.