Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19: Ilford factory in Mobberley shutting down for now

Covid-19: Ilford factory in Mobberley shutting down for now

Announcement on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/IlfordPhoto...58319565888734

Coronavirus Pandemic: HARMAN technology Update

As the Coronavirus continues to wreak havoc around the world, HARMAN is frequently reviewing its approach to the pandemic, incorporating the latest guidance issued by the UK Government into our actions.

As we stated last week, our principle concern remains the health and safety of our employees, although we are also looking at how we can protect the business through this difficult time.

As the situation escalates, we have had to take the difficult decision to temporarily cease production at our Mobberley site from Wednesday 1st April 2020 until further notice.
    While the UK government advice indicates that manufacturing businesses can still operate, with the country in lockdown we feel now is the time to act in order to protect our employees and our National Health Service (NHS) by minimising the spread of the virus.

What does this mean for you, our customers?

Naturally, buying behaviours have changed significantly as people prioritise the essentials, shops have been forced to shut and people are being asked to stay indoors. However, we do hope where possible you will keep buying our film, paper and chemicals to get you through this period of lockdown / self-isolation.

With that in mind:

• Our warehouse will remain open (for as long as possible) in order to despatch products to distributors, online retailers and direct to customers via ilfordphoto.com (UK & USA only). Please be assured that social distancing measures are being adhered to and personal protective equipment is in use.

• Over recent weeks, in anticipation of this, we increased manufacture of our most popular products, so our warehouse is well stocked in order to meet demand.

• Where possible we have moved other essential staff to working from home, so we are still able to service the market to the best of our ability.

Please be aware that many of our stockists are still operating (albeit online only) although we anticipate that the shipping of product could become more difficult over the coming weeks. Therefore, if you are running short of our products and looking to replenish them, we recommend you purchase them soon.

What does this mean for the future?

For over 140 years the ILFORD name has been synonymous with film photography and we intend to continue this well into the future. In stopping production, we are simply taking the necessary short-term measures to safeguard the long-term future of our business and our most valuable assets, our employees.

Most of our employees have been ‘furloughed’ under a UK government job retention scheme and are all eager to pick up where they off as quickly and efficiently as possible. At that point the world may still be facing economic challenges and further uncertainly but with your continued support and passion we are determined to come back stronger than ever.

Until then please stay safe, stay at home, shoot some film, make some prints and remember to wash your hands. As always stay in touch with us on our @ilfordphoto social channels and website: www.ilfordphoto.com

Re: Covid-19: Ilford factory in Mobberley shutting down for now

Good news

I am glad they are protecting staff and did run a bit more product

The whole world is watching and holding our breath

May this tragedy pass
    Tin Can

Foamer

Stocks will likely last through the shut down. I expect them to be back up again by mid June. I have enough FP4 to last into autumn I think. For the past 8 months I've mostly been doing wet plate. With the coming shipment of Jason's plate holders I'll be shooting some of those again too. With my portable dark lab I can now easily reload and even field process those if I want.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

I've got plenty of film and paper. I will be saving my meager earnings to buy more Ilford products. I do think I will send a short order for some sheet film. No panic purchases.

I’m just now seeing B&H has increased all LF Ilford prices, not sure when but I got some FP4+ 4x5 100-sheets for 149 and now its 179. Same for 8x10 I paid 129 3 weeks ago and now it’s 149. They’re now one of the most expensive stores for Ilford film.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi7475 View Post
    I’m just now seeing B&H has increased all LF Ilford prices, not sure when but I got some FP4+ 4x5 100-sheets for 149 and now its 179. Same for 8x10 I paid 129 3 weeks ago and now it’s 149. They’re now one of the most expensive stores for Ilford film.
    That just means B&H moves more than any other retailer and is selling stock received since HARMAN raised its wholesale prices. Other retailers will catch up.

Ilford stopping film production

Didn't know where to stick this. Saw a news article that Ilford was stopping film production for the foreseeable future. Of course I ordered some. I'm sure it will be out of stock pretty quick.

Threads merged --Oren

Re: Ilford stopping film production

Quote Originally Posted by jtomasella View Post
    Didn't know where to stick this. Saw a news article that Ilford was stopping film production for the foreseeable future. Of course I ordered some. I'm sure it will be out of stock pretty quick.

Threads merged --Oren
    Let’s see, I may close for 2 months, let me increase production to stock those 2 months, I tell everyone that I’m stopping production but I push all that stock out, and when I come back I haven’t lost anything because people will be panic-buying it.... sounds like a good strategy. Oh, and I increase the price while I’m at it.

It puzzles me how often people encounter news like this and the first thing they think is that the company is acting purely out of greed. WTF?

Supply and Demand

Is the way of any business

B&H ships free

I prefer B&H as seller, they have never screwed me and they beat Amazon almost every time

If you don't want to pay the price, make your own film

It is possible, I posted a link to how to make emulsions this week

Right now most of us are far more worried about life itself
    Tin Can