Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Intrepid "Black" Edition 4x5 Camera - No Plywood! Also...

Re: New Intrepid "Black" Edition 4x5 Camera - No Plywood! Also...

Congrats Bryan!

Looks pretty sweet, much nicer than the ply versions.

Any word on an 8x10?

On their Instagram account, they mentioned there would not be an 8x10 version due to the limitations in size they could 3D print items.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

...but what about a 5x7?

Looks to be a fine machine -- could replace my Gowland Pocketview if it needed replecement...weights about the same (2.5 lbs w/ 150mm lens).
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    ...but what about a 5x7?
    I wonder how many folks have asked Intrepid to make a 5x7? Wouldn't hurt to email them if that's your jam. My guess is the market for 5x7 cameras is dwarfed by demand for 4x5 / 8x10. I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    I wonder how many folks have asked Intrepid to make a 5x7? Wouldn't hurt to email them if that's your jam. My guess is the market for 5x7 cameras is dwarfed by demand for 4x5 / 8x10. I could be wrong.
    I suspect the bottom line is that they can barely cope with the volume of orders as it is. Designing and adding a new format product is likely beyond their capacity right now. But if they made one, I'd buy it.

An interesting note regarding that - apparently these new "Black" edition cameras are assembled or at least the parts are prepared, and so the lead time is actually less than their normal offering.

Personally I think their issues with getting product out in a timely matter is directly related to their pricing. I think their pricing is about 20-30% too low. Higher price, more profit, less demand, would perhaps even out their production volumes while keeping gross income the same. But I'm just an armchair observer so I could be totally wrong.

An interesting note regarding that - apparently these new "Black" edition cameras are assembled or at least the parts are prepared, and so the lead time is actually less than their normal offering.

Personally I think their issues with getting product out in a timely matter is directly related to their pricing. I think their pricing is about 20-30% too low. Higher price, more profit, less demand, would perhaps even out their production volumes while keeping gross income the same. But I'm just an armchair observer so I could be totally wrong.
    For 20-30% more, the delivered quality should also increase. It’s so close to being a very good product, but it’s not and, for many it’s barely acceptable at the current price (YMMV). In other words, all other things equal, I don’t think it would sell 30% less at 30% higher price, but quite less.

Personally I think their issues with getting product out in a timely matter is directly related to their pricing. I think their pricing is about 20-30% too low. Higher price, more profit, less demand, would perhaps even out their production volumes while keeping gross income the same.
    Shhhhhh!

Congratulations on your bargain. After you have if for a while, I think a lot of people here would appreciate a review. It may be a great answer for the newbies asking which camera to buy.