Thread: Sekonic Home Studio Tips

Sekonic Home Studio Tips

How to Set Up a Home Studio | 3 SETUPS | Getting Started, Choosing Gear, Using a Small Space Smartly

I have not watched it yet, it was released 50 minutes ago

https://youtu.be/FJ0MT55JbHY
    Tin Can

Exploring Large Format Exploring Large Format's Avatar

Re: Sekonic Home Studio Tips

Checked it out. Good stuff there. Thanks for the link!

With the virus, my wife is home, and her job has her doing daily virus-related video Zoom calls, videos for distribution online, etc. So, I'm now her A/V guy!

I've been pulling equipment in from my nascent garage-studio into the house for easy lighting, etc. for her daily grind. Fun to work together in our "Home Studio".

Plus, keeping this large format, if you buy the claim, I'm taking about a hundred Instax Wide shots with a MiNT Camera RF70. MiNT Camera advertises Instax Wide "large format" on the camera box, but it may be a stretch for this crowd. I use Polaroid Originals postcards. The postcards utilize little strips of adhesive to affix your instant (or otherwise) photo making the card a "picture postcard" that uses first class postage domestically.

We're sending along a little message about our interconnectedness in times of virus to our family and friends. My wife's line is:

"Physical Distancing, but Social Closening".

All of this is done in our new "Home Studio" with a bookcase as backdrop. And...using my Sekonic 558 to get the lighting just right for the verrrry narrow dynamic range of Instax instant film.

The MiNT Camera RF70 kind of got me heading into LF, to be honest. It has full manual aperture and shutter speed controls (Auto is available) AND the ability to sync to a flash trigger so I can use studio lighting. It is a rangefinder, so got me acquainted with that concept ahead of my Crown Graphic. And, not trying to advertise just explain, MiNT Camera has this deal when you buy the camera that you can get FREE Instax film for the camera by posting photos of the camera on Instagram. So, I'm using all my free film to take these 100 shots to affix to the postcards.

I've never used Ilford postcard paper (haven't even made my first print yet!), but I have seen references a few times. Thoughts about Ilford postcard paper and using it for postcards?