Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarantine Pictures Any Format

Re: Quarantine Pictures Any Format

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COVID4-FF-003.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	202934

Here's one of a short series I took trying to embody by days looking for another job (having lost mine due to the current state of things). I've been taking a few around the house photos - in 4x5 no less (because why not). Have a few ideas for some interesting things with an LED lamp I have. Been spending some time going back to my other hobby (music) while I can't go outside and have spare time on my hands, but do try to keep the photography muscles flexed every now and again.

Images from this morning's constitutional on the headland
    regards
    Tony

Rolleiflex SL66 120mm @ f8
    Ilford HP5 HC110

Best,
    Igor.

Foamer

OK, where did you get the hand exerciser? My dad could use one.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Foamer

Voluntarily taking April off from work has given me a lot of time to explore the odd corners within a 250 mile radius of my house. Yesterday I continued up the South Dakota/Minnesota border from U.S. 212 and headed north. The land here is dominated by a huge glacial moraine several hundred feet high. Twelve thousand years ago it split the Laurentide Glacier. Great piles of debris give the landscape on top a lumpy appearance. The ground is full of small rocks and isn't very productive farm land. Farms are very large and people are few. There are small fading towns scattered on the plateau and its base. The region was named "Couteau des Praire" by French trappers. It's an odd corner of the state pock marked by thousands of glacial ponds and lakes. I haven't spent much time up there so it is fertile ground for exploration! Round trip was about 250 miles which made for a nice day. All photos taken with the Chamonix 045n and FP4+ film.

1. Holy Rosary Catholic Church, Kranzburg. Three fourths of the town's residents are in the large cemetery. The town was once vibrant enough to support many businesses but has been fading ever since the railroad pulled out and the the highway to nearby Watertown was paved in the 1930s. I briefly talked to the village priest as he walked to his car. He said he had been busy showing his older parishioners how to attend Mass online.

2. Kleigle's Garage, Goodwin. I was immediately attracted to this one. It's a classic garage! Bud, the owner, had just finished helping a customer so I chatted with him & Ratchet, the garage cat. He said the garage opened in 1916 as a repair shop and Ford dealership and has been in continuous operation. He also runs a small bar that's built into the shop. There was a large barrel of empty beer cans just inside the door. The place reeked of antiquity and stale beer.

3. LaBolt Farmers Grain, LaBolt. I love these huge grain complexes and wanted to take a photo. Since the place was open I went in and asked to take a photo. They don't care if you do, but it's good to let them know who you are and what you're doing. The complex is worth millions of dollars and is the economic life blood of the town and many surrounding families. The facility manager told me there was a truck coming very soon that was going to take on a load of corn. I thanked him for the tip, set up my camera and waited. It took only 45 seconds to fill the entire truck with about 1,500 bushels!

Next week I'll continue on north to the North Dakota line.

Kent in SD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kranzburg.jpg   Goodwin.jpg   LaBolt.jpg  
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    OK, where did you get the hand exerciser? My dad could use one.

Kent in SD
    Friend from LA brought it as a gift for my 45 birthday. 15 years ago. O my God !

Best wishes,
    Igor.

Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    Voluntarily taking April off from work has given me a lot of time to explore the odd corners within a 250 mile radius of my house.
    Next week I'll continue on north to the North Dakota line. Kent in SD
    From living in North America I know there is a great difference in the understanding of mileage and time versus that of Europe.
    Your ‘Northern Prairies’ are very sparse in population and I guess that the understanding and enforcement of quarantine is different in your area versus mine on the Island of Anglesey [which is joined to the mainland by two bridges] in particular and Europe in general.
    Here, the police can and do stop vehicles and query the intent of the driver’s journey. If the journey is not for essential purposes [food or medical reasons] then a fine in levied and the car forced to return to its starting point.
    Also it is recommended that person to person physical contact is limited to a space of 2m, and self isolation within the home recommended.
    Enjoy your travelling with a lot of envy from me.
    Regards
    Tony

Spring in Vermont, forecast of snow in late April.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dafodil 2020.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	203001

Rose-breasted grosbeak visited us recently. He was nice enough to stick around while I went and grabbed my camera.

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome