Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarantine Pictures Any Format

Re: Quarantine Pictures Any Format

Nicely done, DG.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Thank you, Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Nicely done, DG.

Wanted to see how this looked on film - bought it at an art festival a couple years ago.

Linhof 5x7, 8-1/4" Verito at f/5.6, 30-second exposure on CSX green x-ray film, bigger than life-size:

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by DG 3313 View Post
    Attachment 202257 Sinar f2, Imagon, expired Tri-X 320 1978
    I like this image, and somehow the color enhances the subject for me. Did you do any split toning in your post processing?
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

Foamer

My rural state isn't under complete "lock down," mainly because it's already low density. I can drive 10 minutes and be somewhere that I see no one else all day. I've been taking advantage of that.🙂

Today I returned to a bridge to make an 8x10 tin. Camera was a Kodak 2D, Voigtlander Petzval c.1862 12 inch. After taking a couple of 4x5 tests to nail down exposure I did an 8x10. I'm using a Stenopeika holder I received in January. I've had some inconsistent problems with it, mainly sometimes the dark slide scrapes the emulsion! This happened on the image below, which otherwise would have been quite nice. I took a close look at what is going on and think I found the reason. The slide is very stiff going in & out, and I think when being pushed in it sometimes bows in a little, catching the plate. There might be two solutions. First I'll try lubricating the slide grooves with something like furniture polish wax or teflon. If that doesn't work then I'll try using jewelers polish on a dremel to maybe remove a little bit of thickness. Otherwise this is a very solid and well built holder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bridge26thT.jpg  
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    The slide is very stiff going in & out, and I think when being pushed in it sometimes bows in a little, catching the plate. There might be two solutions. First I'll try lubricating the slide grooves with something like furniture polish wax or teflon. If that doesn't work then I'll try using jewelers polish on a dremel to maybe remove a little bit of thickness. Otherwise this is a very solid and well built holder.
    Clean the slide with a little furniture polish, front, back, and edges. Rub pretty vigorously. They get a lot of gunk on them. Then rub the edge 1/2" or so all around with a dryer sheet. Again, rub pretty vigorously. You want to build up some heat and polishing action. I thought the dryer sheet thing was BS until I tried it. It's very convenient way to apply a small amount of conveniently anti-static lubricant.
    -Chris

Between here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Wanted to see how this looked on film - bought it at an art festival a couple years ago.
    Out of space, man ... Love it.
    "Be still and allow the mud to settle."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lewin View Post
    An iPhone snapshot that I'm using as a "study," hope to turn it into a real film image with my 4x5 when there is sufficient window light on our dining room table. Working title is "Religion in the Time of Corona Virus."
    Attachment 202256
    This sounds like a great theme, Peter-- and I love that you're working through a concept. I'm personally finding it difficult to engage much beyond the aesthetic level these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    Today I returned to a bridge to make an 8x10 tin. Camera was a Kodak 2D, Voigtlander Petzval c.1862 12 inch. After taking a couple of 4x5 tests to nail down exposure I did an 8x10.
    Really like this image-- it has a pleasing balance and offers a full frame with lines that give a sense of depth. And though I'll be interested to see a new version when you get the holder fixed up, I have to admit that the damage to the image actually kind of resonates a bit with our current moment...

I'm in Brooklyn, New York, so I've been limited to places I can get on foot. I've been enjoying taking along a little digital point-and-shoot on walks:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FT-1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	132.5 KB 
ID:	202293
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FT-10.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	202294