Paper Towel, 2020
    Tin Can

Re: Quarantine Pictures Any Format

Merg,
    Great dynamic motion.

Regards,
    Pat

Nuthin fancy...a digital image taken at the far end of an evening bike ride. I sold my sedan and bought an electric cargo bike. I took a test ride...6 miles out, the first two miles being relatively flat, then a 1600 foot elevation gain over the next four on a mostly paved 1.5 to 2 lane road. Fun ride home!

This is looking across the Mad River Valley as the summer fog is coming in. This spot is about 15 miles to the ocean and 65 miles to where its upper watershed bumps into the Yolla Bolly - Middle Eel Wilderness where I worked in for 12 seasons. Several acres at the very top of the watershed of one of the forks of the Mad is in the wilderness...so even after 30 years since leaving that work, I still probably drink a drop or two of water from the wilderness every year or two...or flush it down the toilet...not quite as romantic.

I posted the image in the hiking thread, so I thought I'd recycle it here anyway since I already wrote the above. A little to the right and hidden by a small rise is a medium sized grow, my guess it is a permitted operation. In the other direction, up the road and around the next bend, someone was target practising, using a lot of expensive ammo. Permitted grows are not allowed to have weapons on the premises. I had worked my way up out of the trees to this view, it was getting late, and decided I needed to go no further.

Time to go dig in the yard...I'm enlarging the sunken campfire pit area, and making a small hill upon which I will plant a gifted root-bound meyers lemon. Such is the retired life in the time of Covid-19.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FogMadRiver2.jpg  
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Vaughn, love the words and the image
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Nuthin fancy...a digital image taken at the far end of an evening bike ride. I sold my sedan and bought an electric cargo bike. I took a test ride...6 miles out, the first two miles being relatively flat, then a 1600 foot elevation gain over the next four on a mostly paved 1.5 to 2 lane road. Fun ride home!
    Whooop kudos on the bike!!! I have a Radrover cargo bike. I still need to figure out how to attach a big ol tripod (I have a bogen 3036 or something like that) onto the foot rests on the back and a pelican case. Ebikes are the way to go!!!
    --

I'm too big for the Rad ebikes...or am at the upper limit. My Ries A100 and head will get strapped to the top of the rack...I'll have up to a foot hanging off the back, less if I take off the head and stash it in a pannier. Still working on how to pack the 8x10 and the 11x14 on the bike (one at a time)...5x7 will be easy (note how easily it carries my complete digital system!)

I packed mules for ten years in the wilderness -- odd enough loads of all kinds that I should be able to figure it out. I have a backpack trip (w/ 5x7) coming up in a couple days, so I'll get back to figuring how to pack the bike when I return. Then a couple of nights bike-camping perhaps.

I don't have the panniers on yet in this photo...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BikeLevee.jpg  
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

I'm too big for the Rad ebikes...or am at the upper limit. My Ries A100 and head will get strapped to the top of the rack...I'll have up to a foot hanging off the back, less if I take off the head and stash it in a pannier. Still working on how to pack the 8x10 and the 11x14 on the bike (one at a time)...5x7 will be easy (note how easily it carries my complete digital system!)

I packed mules for ten years in the wilderness -- odd enough loads of all kinds that I should be able to figure it out. I have a backpack trip (w/ 5x7) coming up in a couple days, so I'll get back to figuring how to pack the bike when I return. Then a couple of nights bike-camping perhaps.

That's amazing! Next time you have it loaded with a camera, show us a pic please!
    --

Portland by Austin Granger, on Flickr

Surly

I tow with Giant

Tin Can