Thread: Enlarger head using RGB LED 3W - complete project

Enlarger head using RGB LED 3W - complete project

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	youtube_thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	201957

Two years ago I published an adaptation of a Durst Laborator 1000 replacing condensers by a LED box. The project used an old TV remote control and had some points to be improved so I did not publish the whole thing, just the basic idea and some leads to those willing to go further in that direction. But, anyway, I've been using my Durst with LEDs ever since and love it. Recently I reviewed it completely and just published a new project, using 3W RGB LEDs and a normal keypad as interface. This time I made available all the specifications including the code that is loaded into the micro-processor (Arduino Pro-Mini) and detailed instructions on critical parts of the project. I made it for photographers with no experience in making printed circuit boards, micro-processors, soldering, etc. As part of the project there is also a control box that works as a timer and mixer for the RBG colors. It allows the use of multi grade paper by balancing the proportions of green and blue, like the MG filters or color heads do.

Here is a link to a video presenting the project. In the video description there is another link to the full project in text and images. There is still a .zip file to be downloaded with the software (called sketch in Arduinoland), quick guide, PCB drawing and some 3D printing files. That is all that one needs to build his own enlarger head and it is all free. I think the budget for all parts will be about 100 USD.

https://youtu.be/hkdB7-9kuVU

Re: Enlarger head using RGB LED 3W - complete project

Wow!

Thank you!
    Tin Can

Big thanks
    Principal Unix System Engineer, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems

That's wonderful for those who can make that sort of thing. You're very generous to share your knowledge and efforts. LED is going to become our new standard enalrgeer light source at some point in the not-too-distant future, I think.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Very nice! You have me thinking about how I might adapt your plans to an 8x10 enlarger in the future.
    -Chris

Great job! Thanks!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Awesome! Thank you very much. Personally I would have used rotary knobs to control contrast and time. I'm thinking about doing the same thing and use the camera as an enlarger as well with some kind of modular setup, but there is still a big difference between thinking about something and actually doing it, like you did: congrats!

Lungovw - many thanks for this.

Might I ask if the circuit diagram, wiring diagram, and parts list exist anywhere? I couldn't find them on your page or in the zip files - perhaps I'm going blind?

In particular, I'd like to know the part number for the LEDs, and a wiring diagram for the power distribution (I see the photos of the box) and a circuit diagram for the LED panel.

I would like to replicate the LED panel, but perhaps on a double sided board, and have one made by someone like JLC.com - they make PCBs at very reasonable rates. I do this kind of thing for the day job... and I have a small concern about the power wiring on safety grounds, but I can't be sure until I get a diagram

Thanks again,

Neil