Thread: Adapting an Intrepid enlarger kit to an Omega D2?

Adapting an Intrepid enlarger kit to an Omega D2?

All, I've got an Omega D2 enlarger outfitted with an old Aristo cold light head that pre-dates the V54 model. I'm afraid it might die soon, plus it's always been a hassle using VC papers with it (oh, how I miss Agfa Portriga Rapid Grade 2 paper!)
    If you've been to the Intrepid Camera website, they make a darkroom kit that turns their 4x5 camera into an enlarger by using an LED light source that clips to the back of the camera where the ground glass would normally be.
    I'm thinking if the dimensions are right, this square LED light might work on my D2. I would remove the cold light head, put my negative into the negative carrier and then place the Intrepid light source on top of the neg carrier. I believe the LED light source would fit nicely on top of the negative carrier, but I would probably need to fasten it down somehow.
    I can't see why it wouldn't work, but perhaps I haven't thought it through enough.
    Opinions?

Re: Adapting an Intrepid enlarger kit to an Omega D2?

It attaches with graflok clips, so if you can source (or already have) a graflok back, you could probably figure out how to attach it before you buy.

Re: Adapting an Intrepid enlarger kit to an Omega D2?

I’m wondering if the light would simply rest on top of the negative carrier without having to attach it to anything.