Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My mistake

Re: My mistake

They're not mistakes, they're lessons.

Yes, and there are no problems either, only challenges and opportunities to excel.

There will be lessons, probabily expensive lessons

Anyway, my experience after two weeks: many nice pictures to view on the forum, pretty camera's and I like the slow pace of the forum. It seems to be very well moderaded as well. Two things I don't understand:
    - Why is there a maximum of four links/pictures/smileys in a post? We're not in the eighties any more. Quite a few posts are divided as a workaround, this does not improve the readability.
    - There seems to be a "for sale" section I'm not allowed to view. Maybe you don't want to attract users that come here only to sell their equipement? Or you don't want to sell outside the community? For me, this would be a very useful section to understand the market a little better. I know I need to be patient, but once again, patience is so eighties Only being able to view the section without posting seems harmless to me.

Anyway, I'll stay connected!

Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    There will be lessons, probabily expensive lessons

Anyway, my experience after two weeks: many nice pictures to view on the forum, pretty camera's and I like the slow pace of the forum. It seems to be very well moderaded as well. Two things I don't understand:
    - Why is there a maximum of four links/pictures/smileys in a post? We're not in the eighties any more. Quite a few posts are divided as a workaround, this does not improve the readability.
    - There seems to be a "for sale" section I'm not allowed to view. Maybe you don't want to attract users that come here only to sell their equipement? Or you don't want to sell outside the community? For me, this would be a very useful section to understand the market a little better. I know I need to be patient, but once again, patience is so eighties Only being able to view the section without posting seems harmless to me.

Anyway, I'll stay connected!
    If you host the photos on your own site and link them, you aren't limited to four pictures per post. We use donated server space and these limits help us use it wisely. Nearly all the photos I post are hosted on my own web site, for example, which gives me complete control over them.

After 30 days (couple more weeks for you), you'll be able to see the For-Sale sub-forums. Please read the guidelines about the for-sale forum, where you'll see that nobody except the seller can post there anyway. Restricting it from view protects sellers from spammers and bots who usually get excised before 30 days are up, and it gives people some experience with the vibe of the forum (and the other members a look at the newbie) before expecting trust. This has been discussed at great length on many occasions, so there is no need to discuss it again.

If you aren't patient enough for the 80's, I seriously wonder what there is about large format that attracts you--nothing in photography requires more patience, except maybe astrophotography. Consider this a test. Don't worry, whatever good deals there are will still be there, but the sellers may not be able to mail anything to you for the next many weeks anyway.

Rick "and welcome to the forum" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    If you host the photos on your own site and link them, you aren't limited to four pictures per post.
    Yes we are, but don't worry, it's no big issue. Just like the wait to see the "for sale" section. I'll survive...

Welcome to the forum, Ree! If you aren't making mistakes then you aren't doing anything!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hySZSpBHgsY

Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    Yes we are, but don't worry, it's no big issue.
    Boy am I embarassed--you are right. My trick gets around the pixel size maximum for forum storage, but this version of vBulletin makes no distinction between the number of stored and externally link images.

Rick "who just spent a half hour in the Admin Control Panel looking for a way around it" Denney

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

... mistakes... lessons... challenges... opportunities... heck, even Denney’s embarrassment...

Some of these actually result in art so why not keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    Rick "who just spent a half hour in the Admin Control Panel looking for a way around it" Denney
    Hahahaha. Don't worry, I'll work around it, just like I did in my opening post.

There's an argument to keep it this way. You can also deeplink youtube video's. You don't want too many of those, because that does cost a lot of bandwidth.

Hi all,

I've decided to buy a Graflex Crown Graphic before I really plunge into the deep. I placed a "WTB" right here, let me know if anyone has any suggestion or tips right here