Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Filters for 8x10

Re: Filters for 8x10

Quote Originally Posted by jeffsweet View Post
    Yeah, I figured red certainly would be out of the question. But at least a yellow and maybe a GND might help a tad when shooting outdoors.
    A POLA would often be helpful to reign in sky exposure.
    -Chris

Drew Wiley

If it's an ortho emulsion, a deep green filter can be used to darken blue skies, while brightening greens themselves. But exposures might be slower than usual because some ortho films are mostly blue sensitive, and only some green. I'm unfamiliar with the one in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    If it's an ortho emulsion, a deep green filter can be used to darken blue skies, while brightening greens themselves. But exposures might be slower than usual because some ortho films are mostly blue sensitive, and only some green. I'm unfamiliar with the one in question.
    Sounds like that might do the trick! It's Fujifilm HR-U (or HR-T? The labeling seems conflicted) Medium Green. Developed in Diafine, I've gotten good results rating it at 200 in daylight.

Slowing the exposure down a bit could be useful... the shutter on my only 8x10 lens just goes up to 1/50 which has made it tricky at times to use a wider aperture in daylight. I suppose I could use a different developer, but I've grown rather fond of Diafine and will stick with it for a bit longer I think.