Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iris clamp mounted to Sinar Copal shutter

Re: Iris clamp mounted to Sinar Copal shutter

Quote Originally Posted by johnwe View Post
    I've used P2, F1, F2 before but only have the flat rail Sinar now for comparison. I would like to know if the multipurpose standard for F series would work. Does the multipurpose standard come apart?

see this listing
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sinar-F1-Mu...ty!20817!US!-1

I'm thinking that would have more use as I can use it on a F1 or P system someday.

Thanks for all the input!

Here's my fine work with gaffer's tape- got my test shot done.

Attachment 201763
    You mean that you have the Alpina? It had another name in some markets.

Yes I have an alpina- I believe it was called an A1 when I got it- I believe Alpinas could fold flat- the standards would swing so the openings of the standards were face up in the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used P2, F1, F2 before but only have the flat rail Sinar now for comparison. I would like to know if the multipurpose standard for F series would work. Does the multipurpose standard come apart?
    I believe it does come apart, though I don't have one in hand to see exactly how. It looks like there are probably just a couple screws to separate the frame from the shift mechanism, or perhaps you just slide it free with the shift mechanism.

I do have a norma intermediate standard in hand and it does come apart very easily: just the knobs on the sides that lock the rise, fall and tilt.

This listing has a good large photo of what's going on with the norma intermediate standard: https://www.camleyphotographic.com/s...ition-4e-5694/
    -Chris

I got the Sinar universal adapter today. It’s pretty easy to get the vertical portion of the standard off- just remove a locking screw and the square board/bellows clamp part slides right off.

Here’s the trouble.

The Sinar shutter is a little too big. There’s some rubber padding on the side of the shutter that has a “male” lens board like protrusion. It feels like that’s part of the problem- there’s no obvious way to loose the locking mechanism but I’ll continue to investigate options.

This Sinar Copal Shutter should fit with no problem, right?

Looks like he struggles to get the lock to close in that YouTube video.

Any ideas?

Anyone familiar with Sinar shutters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Any ideas?

Anyone familiar with Sinar shutters?
    It's really hard to visualize the problem with nothing in front of me. Can you illustrate with photos?
    -Chris

I've been able to work the shutter into the frame, but it still appears that the shutter is too large for the "standard frame" opening.

I've made some protoype boards out of black museum board. I am using 4ply board and glueing them together. I've found that a 139mm board fits pretty well, where the standard size for Sinar is 140. Even 138mm fits and will still clamp in. I am adding photos to assist, not sure how helpful they are. I'm a little concerned with using the standard frame when it's not clear it's clamped in tightly. All these parts are also adding a lot of weight. I am still thinking about attaching the iris to the shutter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1134.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	201935

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1066.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	201936Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1071.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	201937