Thread: Is Artsy Home a good place to puiblish my work?

Is Artsy Home a good place to puiblish my work?

I have had a number of images up on Artsy Home (w3ww.artsyhome.com) for several years now.I have no real complaionts, but5 not much action either. Now I have reactivated my website (www.drewbedo.com) and established links between them.

While Artsy Home seems to be OK, is there another website that would present/promote my work more effectively?
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Re: Is Artsy Home a good place to puiblish my work?

Sites that promote thousands of artists aren't "promoting" you. Invest time in some books/articles on marketing and promote yourself. Then those sites become easy places for people to transact with you.

As an example, my neighbor across the street published a book 10 years ago and made it available all over the internet's big selling sites. Not a single sale until she gave someone a copy as a birthday gift. That other person posted about it to her facebook page and that sold a few more copies, others posted about it, reviewed it positively, and now she has sold over 200 copies. She started promoting the book herself and attracted the attention of a publisher asking for her next book.

Think about the amount of work that the current workshop and photography marketers are putting into their promotions and find your own niche. Does your work have local interests or wide spread interest and how would you market differently. Can you do a pop up gallery and provide people with business cards if they can't purchase right away or want to see more of your work. Accumulate emails and send out quarterly newsletters.

Just another random thought and I am not a marketing professional - But "Drew Bedo" is just another person in the world of many. quietLightPhoto is a nice site name but not descriptive or unique in the mind of the user unless it ties in with the images and they have a consistent look that suggest something "quiet".
    Since you have limited eyesight you might make that part of your overall trademark . Half Blind Images as an example, or oneEyed Drew. You can then work on creating the emotional angle of overcoming your disability and struggle with artistry which people have a natural tendency to support. A creative copywriter could help you make it appealing and personal. From a promotional aspect, the story is as important as the images.
    Write an article or two about working in a visual media with limited eyesight which points back to your websites for sales.
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography

Very good advice!
    Tin Can

searing: Thanks, All good advice. Already doing some of what you recommend.

With all that advice as a given: Is there a better site, for whatever reason, than Artsy Home. My website is newly rebuilt and still a bit minimal and unsophisticated. Expense is just one reason for that. Artsy Home adds a layer of sophistication and more space to mpublish images with more extensive contextual description . . .and more of my story (two vireos).

So the question again: Is there a better website than Artsy Home?
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Shopify is likely the most promoted today and is easy to use. You pay a monthly fee instead of a commission.
    The sales site only matters in how easy it is to buy and easy for you to manage and fulfill. How users get there is what needs to be focused on. A paypal Buy Now button on your site can be just as effective as a link to your hosted sales site.

Or you can add eCommerce software to your site. I was a big fan of zenCart a few years ago because it was more user intuitive for non-technical people to manage. OpenCart looks even easier.
    Based on whois.net you seem to be hosted on GoDaddy who also has a storefront option should you want ease of installation but will come at a higher cost monthly.
    If your site is a wordpress template use WooCommerce plugin.
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography

There is a lot of marketing fluff on the front page. I do not navigate these websites well as reading is difficult and the pages are chopped up to make them visually interesting . . .a problem I have with many sites.

It is not clear tome quite how shopify works. My impression its that its much like Artsy Home where I would publish images for sale, but pay a monthly fee. I still have to print, mat and mail I am guessing. Would I also cvollect the purchase price? My volume now is low, so the commission based fee structure on AH is tolerable for now.

Willing to change . . .but why would I change at this point?
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com