Thread: Hass Intellifaucets are tough!

Hass Intellifaucets are tough!

I was installing plumbing in my darkroom using equipment from my old darkroom, and on top of all the little problems I had to go through to get everything leak tight I found my Intellifaucet K250 was malfunctioning. The hot water side had seized up. After determining it was a mechanical problem I took the valve body off, comes loose after the cover is off with the two one inch nuts inside. The temperature probe needs to be carefully unplugged as this comes with the body. I took it to my vice and unscrewed the upper end of the hot side and found the slider inside caked with mineral scale. After breaking it loose I went looking for some CLR but no luck. I did find Lysol toilet bowl cleaner with hydrochloric acid in it as the active ingredient and that stuff practically melted the crud away in a heartbeat. Rinsed it all off and put it all back together and it runs like new.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E7AE5B48-6DC6-44C8-8150-841F5E562EF3.jpg  

Re: Hass Intellifaucets are tough!

Tough, they work and last pretty much forever. And Haas will service it if ever needed. I bought a K-250 backup at auction and sent it in for a full overhaul. Came back looking new! Not sure why I need a backup; my K-250 was made in 1992 and has been in my darkroom for well over 10 years and works as the first day I installed it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WetsideM.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	201554

I was thinking of getting a back-up Intellifaucet (a D250) for the University darkroom and decided not to; it's been working flawlessly for well over 20 years. Last year I bought a K250 for my own darkroom - still under construction -
    How many things are made to last that long these days?

Guess they never heard of planned obsolescence!!