Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 14X17 Fire Studio

Re: 14X17 Fire Studio

The holder was too short to actually fit a sheet. Removed the light trap cover by taking out the screws. Inside there is a border/stop glued in place. I actually just popped them out and switched the ends that but against the film- it looks like they were placed backwards originally since the side with the sloped overhang to hold the film edge was facing the wrong way. I used a scrap negative to gauge where to epoxy it back down and then reinstalled the cover on the light trap.

Quote Originally Posted by anerdoo View Post
    The holder was too short to actually fit a sheet. Removed the light trap cover by taking out the screws. Inside there is a border/stop glued in place. I actually just popped them out and switched the ends that but against the film- it looks like they were placed backwards originally since the side with the sloped overhang to hold the film edge was facing the wrong way. I used a scrap negative to gauge where to epoxy it back down and then reinstalled the cover on the light trap.
    Thank you!
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

It's great to have that skill level in repairing.

I have purchase an 11x14 from the seller. I can't afford a new state of the art, anf most used cameras(if you could find one) were more much than what I paid. So I got a lightweight camera with new bellows and rear focusing. This camera would not be up to most users standards used to higher priced models like Phillips, Wisner, Chamonix, etc. My camera was definitely substandard until I upgraded the front standard with stiffer upright standards and changed a couple fasteners to secure things better. I bought a ligjt tight holder as well that needed modifications but I like it for a third of the cost of other used holders.

If you can't quite swallow the idea that some tinkering is required on a new camera then stay away. But if you want a camera that is less than a quarter the cost of a new one and have time it may be of some use.

I hope this is helpful

Andrew
    Thanks for sharing the experience. Do show us some photos of the camera and holders when you have the chance.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5A Prime using Tapatalk