Thread: Greetings from Tashkent, Uzbekistan.

Greetings from Tashkent, Uzbekistan.

I welcome dear colleagues, or all those who are not indifferent to the use of light, to obtain an image.
    I registered on your forum today, although I’ve been involved in photography for 16 years. It so happened that in my city there are literally 2.5 people using analogue technology and of these I am the most active.
    In my city, the circle of such people is very small, as well as the circle of people engaged in any kind of art as a whole. For a long time I talked in the community of Russian-speaking photographers, but the world is much wider than the Russian Internet and for this reason I decided to get a little farther and came to you! I hope this will bring me a new experience and you too.
    Unfortunately, my English is not very good and I speak better than I write, so I will communicate with you using a Google translator. I hope this does not prevent us from understanding each other.
    My name is Yura and I am from Tashkent, it is the capital of sunny Uzbekistan, the post of the Soviet republic in Central Asia. As I said, I started doing photography 16 years ago. I have an art education, and I also graduated from the Architectural Institute, specializing in designer, but all this does not occupy me as a photograph. Which is my true passion, it can be said that through photography I comprehend this world. Since in Tashkent there are absolutely no photos of materials, apart from the old Soviet ones, which are almost dead, I have to order everything somewhere in Europe or in the USA, and ask someone who is going from there to us to bring me this.
    But in any case, many materials are too expensive for me, and for this reason I find cheaper processes.
    Today I shoot several series in a narrow format, mainly I use Soviet cameras from the Leica, Zorki-1 family, as well as SLR Zenit and Nikon F3. In addition to the narrow format, I shoot on paper, in the 18x24cm format, these are FKD and the German Mentor Panorama, lenses are a very important component, and here I also conduct multiple experiments using Soviet projection glasses or rare lenses from aerial photo shooting. In the future, I will try to acquaint you with my work and I myself will also often drop in and look at the works of other authors. You can see part of my work in my instagram, my login there is the same as here.

Re: Greetings from Tashkent, Uzbekistan.

Welcome aboard!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Welcome!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

right name of my instagram profile is - rum_bum_bey

Welcome to a group a smart, wonderful and helpful people.
    Principal Unix System Engineer, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems

Welcome!

Uzbekistan is one place that I absolutely want to see. Babur, the founder of the Mughal empire came from your country, and Lal Bahadur Shastri, one of India's most respected prime ministers, died in Tashkent.

Kumar

Welcome!
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post
    Welcome!

Uzbekistan is one place that I absolutely want to see. Babur, the founder of the Mughal empire came from your country, and Lal Bahadur Shastri, one of India's most respected prime ministers, died in Tashkent.

Kumar

Yes, Bobur ... only then it was a completely different country. Shastri is a famous person and one of the important intersections of Tashkent, still bears this name, keeping the memory of this event.

Thank you all for your warm welcome!

Les

Welcome to LF forum. That's a bit strange (different) concoction this 18x24 = 7x10"....maybe I'm just not familiar with it.

Les