Thread: Intrepid 8x10 - Fresnel lens

Intrepid 8x10 - Fresnel lens

Anyone have an Intrepid 8x10 camera, or know of a fresnel lens that will fit? Was considering this one: https://ebay.us/rq4S0a

Re: Intrepid 8x10 - Fresnel lens

I just use a 2x magnifier from Staples. I had to cut it down a bit on my table saw.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Re: Intrepid 8x10 - Fresnel lens

Quite honestly I have a fresnel on my Canham 8x10 woodie that came from the factory with the camera and put a fine hand ground ground glass on my Intrepid 8x10 (after the original GG was broken in shipping) and I can honestly say I cannot discern the difference between the two in the field. My advice is I would surely recommend spending your money on the best quality GG available before you invest on a fresnel lens because the GG is where the rubber meets the road. A mediocre GG can only be improved by a fresnel so much. Plus you may find that a better quality GG renders a fresnel unnecessary. let your eyes be your guide and take things in steps. Steve Hopf (?) may still sell his quality GG.