Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How to get into ULF?

Re: How to get into ULF?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    A lot of great comments but what happened to the OP? Did he get the information he/she needed? Did we scare them away? ULF is awesome to create with but you need to commit to it. There are ways to do it inexpensively with paper negatives and x-ray film but holders, cameras and tripods are where you will spend the money and do not want to go cheap. If you have minimal experience start with 8x10 and contact print. This is what I did. When I wanted a bigger print I then built a bigger camera and it went on and on from there. There has to be a real desire.... a passion for it or you are just wasting your time and money. Once you get those big negatives hit me up and I'll teach you how to make carbon prints!
    Still keeping up. I think I will start with X-ray just because I have it and can process it for free. I only have blue sensitive but I'm assuming I can switch between blue and green without changing physical equipment. The second thing I'm trying to decide on is size. I can get 5x7 at $0.97 per so I think I'll start there

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Re: How to get into ULF?

Quote Originally Posted by Dpatt711 View Post
    Still keeping up. I think I will start with X-ray just because I have it and can process it for free. I only have blue sensitive but I'm assuming I can switch between blue and green without changing physical equipment. The second thing I'm trying to decide on is size. I can get 5x7 at $0.97 per so I think I'll start there
    Awesome. Glad we can help. Good idea to start small and go from there. Small for me is 8x10, makes a great contact print. Good luck.