Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A simple and practical 4x5 snapshot camera

Re: A simple and practical 4x5 snapshot camera

Simple and practical? Linhof Technika, Speed and Crown Graphics and a number of rangefinder coupled types work just fine. Can be used as simply as one wants or - with higher end models - for more technical work if you need the adjustability some of them have.
    ” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Isn’t this similar to a Cambo Wide? Only the Cambo is made of sturdier material IMO. I have a plastic camera made by a well known maker of such type, and I honestly was afraid to put my 1500 US dollar lens in the helical. I bought it for its modified Polaroid back with graflock design, but it does not fit my Linhof well. I applaud innovation, but I will not purchase another all plastic camera. Seems too brittle and coarse as far as materials, and precision is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslolens View Post
    Further is of course to copy more of the Linhof Technar, like handle with room for cable, more flash cold shoe and strap fixtures.

Sent fra min SM-G975F via Tapatalk
    Actually, the handle has enough space to put into cable, but we didn't drill holes for stability. But someone bought cameras and DIY themselves.
    There are two flash cold shots on the top of the camera.

Actually, the handle has enough space to put into cable, but we didn't drill holes for stability. Some friends have modified the handle as you said.
    Of course, we also think of another solution, which is to use the shutter button. In the picture below is our production of the shutter button.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T2JWznXc0bXXXXXXXX_!!96945955.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	201268

There are two flash cold shots on the top of the camera.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QQ图片20200301121112.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	201270

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Simple and practical? Linhof Technika, Speed and Crown Graphics and a number of rangefinder coupled types work just fine. Can be used as simply as one wants or - with higher end models - for more technical work if you need the adjustability some of them have.
    The cameras you mentioned are bellows, so they use rangefinder to focus.And COSMOS use focusing helicoid ring. As long as the focus is measured in advance and marked on the focusing ring, just like using Leica manual lens, it can focus quickly instead of looking at the rangefinder every time - that's what we mean by simplicity and practicality.

Quote Originally Posted by darr View Post
    Isn’t this similar to a Cambo Wide? Only the Cambo is made of sturdier material IMO. I have a plastic camera made by a well known maker of such type, and I honestly was afraid to put my 1500 US dollar lens in the helical. I bought it for its modified Polaroid back with graflock design, but it does not fit my Linhof well. I applaud innovation, but I will not purchase another all plastic camera. Seems too brittle and coarse as far as materials, and precision is not there.
    In fact, plastic has been used in the manufacture of cameras and camera accessories. It is one of the common materials. Now the plastic technology has a mature compound formula, which is not the same as the plastic products of daily necessities, and its physical properties are also different from the plastic in our impression. Even digital cameras use plastic to make the body. In exploring how to make the camera lighter, more and more different materials are applied.

Quote Originally Posted by 3S-KR View Post
    In fact, plastic has been used in the manufacture of cameras and camera accessories. It is one of the common materials. Now the plastic technology has a mature compound formula, which is not the same as the plastic products of daily necessities, and its physical properties are also different from the plastic in our impression. Even digital cameras use plastic to make the body. In exploring how to make the camera lighter, more and more different materials are applied.
    There is a reason an all plastic camera is cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by 3S-KR View Post
    The cameras you mentioned are bellows, so they use rangefinder to focus.And COSMOS use focusing helicoid ring. As long as the focus is measured in advance and marked on the focusing ring, just like using Leica manual lens, it can focus quickly instead of looking at the rangefinder every time - that's what we mean by simplicity and practicality.
    Very simple to figure out where focus is with the cameras. News shooters for decades used them in every climate and location and circumstance possible.
    ” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Quote Originally Posted by darr View Post
    There is a reason an all plastic camera is cheap!
    When you start injection molding PEEK in small quantities, plastic isn't cheap...
    Expert in non-working solutions.

Cheap is needed, but not essential. LF friends know that function, versatility is the reason we value. Quality is also critical.

Of course, our price for COSMOS CIRCLE will definitely catch your eye.

LF is a sentiment

We also like music, whisky and tea.

Cheers!