Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A simple and practical 4x5 snapshot camera

Red face A simple and practical 4x5 snapshot camera

A simple and practical 4x5 snapshot camera - COSMOS CIRCLE

COSMOS CIRCLE is a is a 4x5 large format camera, which is a modular combination camera. It is composed of base camare body, tube, viewfinder, ground glass, focusing helicoid ring and other functional parts. Through different integration of parts, it can be a pinhole camera, or a simple and practical snapshot camera.

This camera was successfully developed in 2015. At the beginning, it was only trial produced in small quantities. Due to insufficient publicity, not many people knew about it.Later, as we developed more and more functional parts, we took this camera to photo kina and CP + exhibitions for many times, and had more discussions on it in China's Photography Forum.

About five years ago, I registered here to focus on various discussions and learn knowledge. Later, because I forgot the registered ID, I didn't come back for quite a long time. Now, I'm back with my camera. I hope you can give me valuable opinions and have a heated discussion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A00_0136.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	201227

Name:	A00_0138.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	201228

Name:	A00_0139.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	201229

Re: A simple and practical 4x5 snapshot camera

Interesting

Please tell us more details

What lens is that?
    Tin Can

For a snapshot camera, I miss the focus. On my 4x5" metall 30mm- shift camera, I miss a tiny bit of swing (Chinese copy of Alpa 45W, CNCed and well made). I suppose one can add a lensboard with focus, but at cost of longer lens and a heavier front. Was this supposed to come with several noses, in order to change lenses, or was that extra?

Big Wehman, Toyo 5x7" and a small Chamonix

Talking Re: A simple and practical 4x5 snapshot camera

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Interesting

Please tell us more details

What lens is that?

Thank you for your attention.

The lens in picture is Schneider 58XL , and another lens is suitable, Rodenstock 65 / 4.5. When using these two lenses, it's a super focus shot. You don't need to
    focus. It's fixed focus. Because the tube is designed according to the flange focal length of these two lenses.

If you use focusing helioid ring on tube, you can use more lenses.

I see they are sold on eBay.

Is that an official authorized source?

Perhaps you need to make an announcement in the proper place.

Quote Originally Posted by 3S-KR View Post
    Thank you for your attention.

The lens in picture is Schneider 58XL , and another lens is suitable, Rodenstock 65 / 4.5. When using these two lenses, it's a super focus shot. You don't need to
    focus. It's fixed focus. Because the tube is designed according to the flange focal length of these two lenses.

If you use focusing helioid ring on tube, you can use more lenses.
    Tin Can

We have now developed a focusing ring with a lens plate, which is metal.Using it on the camera is shown in the picture below.

Name:	L17310-4.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	201230

Name:	L17310-3.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	201231

Now we have two type of focusing helicoid ring, 17-31mm and 25-55mm. They are with a Linhof type 96mm * 99mm lens board copal #0.With these two focusing rings, you can use 90-120mm lens.

And you're right. We'll have other tube of different lengths and extended part. This is our next plan. It's expected to move forward soon.Our idea is to use more lenses by combining different parts.

Talking Re: A simple and practical 4x5 snapshot camera

Quote Originally Posted by Oslolens View Post
    For a snapshot camera, I miss the focus. On my 4x5" metall 30mm- shift camera, I miss a tiny bit of swing (Chinese copy of Alpa 45W, CNCed and well made). I suppose one can add a lensboard with focus, but at cost of longer lens and a heavier front. Was this supposed to come with several noses, in order to change lenses, or was that extra?

Big Wehman, Toyo 5x7" and a small Chamonix

We have now developed a focusing ring with a lens plate, which is metal.Using it on the camera is shown in the picture below.

Name:	L17310-3.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	201231

Now we have two type of focusing helicoid ring, 17-31mm and 25-55mm. They are with a Linhof type 96mm * 99mm lens board copal #0.With these two focusing rings, you can use 90-120mm lens.

And you're right. We'll have other tube of different lengths and extended part. This is our next plan. It's expected to move forward soon.Our idea is to use more lenses by combining different parts.

Yes, we are the official, but we don't want to talk about business here. We just want to hear more opinions on our cameras.

Red face Re: A simple and practical 4x5 snapshot camera

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I see they are sold on eBay.

Is that an official authorized source?

Perhaps you need to make an announcement in the proper place.

Yes, we are the official. Since the launch of the camera, we have some supporters outside China, but we haven't had a good chance to talk to each other until we come here.

Further is of course to copy more of the Linhof Technar, like handle with room for cable, more flash cold shoe and strap fixtures.

Sent fra min SM-G975F via Tapatalk