Thread: C and G Phototherm

C and G Phototherm

Does anyone know of a unit available that is similar to C and G's SuperTemp? (precision temperature controls)
    Last edited by BKP; 28-Feb-2020 at 02:25. Reason: correction and more info

Re: C and G Phototherm

A lot of us use http://www.hassmfg.com/
    Tin Can

Thank-you for the reply: It seems to be a decent link for someone who is seeking a mixing valve. What I'm looking for is a unit that houses a recirculating pump and a heating element. The one that I have is about 4x8x10 and has two plastic ribbed nipples for attaching hoses. One would get the water jacket up to about 101 F and with the pump unit primed turn it on and it would circulate the water and maintain the temp at 101 or whatever temp was required. There are two heating elements operated with toggle switches and a plastic knob dial for slight increase or decrease in temperature. There a two red lights that come on when the heating elements were energized. (Not something you want to see in the middle of an E-6 run) Any help on finding a supplier of a similar device would surely be appreciated. thanks bk

Tin Can

I believe the units you are talking about are pretty much the same design as Recirculating Water Bath heater's meant for scientific applications. You can find a lot of units on Ebay if you look around. I.e. Something like this

It sounds like you’re looking for a Water Circulation TCU (temperature controller unit). I know of them for industrial applications, which are multi-kW and large (and $$$$) units, but unfortunately I am not aware of a small version like what you’re after for this application.
    Perhaps someone else knows.

Quote Originally Posted by domaz View Post
    I believe the units you are talking about are pretty much the same design as Recirculating Water Bath heater's meant for scientific applications. You can find a lot of units on Ebay if you look around. I.e. Something like this
    Sounds like OP is looking for something that recirculates internally rather than an external pool of water, so with water inlet & outlet.

Would a sous vide unit in a plastic bin work? They should be plenty accurate enough for black and white and possibly also for color, but a bit of research wouldn’t hurt.

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

I think I have found what I'm looking for. Thanks for all your fine inputs. There are a few more options to explore. This forum has a wealth of information. Domaz thanks for including the link. Tin Can introduced another option I did not know existed. Where do you find this stuff? Once again thanks all. bkp