Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linhoff technika upgrade kit wide angle strut kit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Linhoff technika upgrade kit wide angle strut kit

I purchased one of those Linhoff technika upgrade kit wide angle strut kits for my tech v. The seller was vague about whether the rangefinder had to be removed (I suspected this from the minimal diagrams). YES, you do have to remove the rf! This is OK in my case as I use the camera as a field camera and the accessory works very well withy 65 & 75 mm lenses. I think it converts the tech v I to a linhof 3000? Anyway it is a relatively easy conversion (a few hours of careful work).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Linhoff technika upgrade kit wide angle strut kit

If it converts it to a 3000 then the drop bed drops to 90°. And a new focus knob for the internal bed tracks is add to the outside of the camera and infinity stops are added inside the bed.

Maybe it's more like a 2000 conversion with the internal focussing on a lever inside the body as opposed to the 3000 which has a focus knob on the outside of the shell?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mpirie View Post
    Maybe it's more like a 2000 conversion with the internal focussing on a lever inside the body as opposed to the 3000 which has a focus knob on the outside of the shell?

Mike
    I,would doubt it.

I assume this is what the OP is referencing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Linhof-Tech...y/173471405098
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    I assume this is what the OP is referencing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Linhof-Tech...y/173471405098
    Yeah, that looks similar to the internal focussing bed from a 2000.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mpirie View Post

Mike
    Yes it is, from what I understand.

I asked about these kits on eBay, and was told the RF was removed, so I declined. I'm still considering converting my older Tech IV into a field camera by stripping the RF and adding this unit though...
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I asked about these kits on eBay, and was told the RF was removed, so I declined. I'm still considering converting my older Tech IV into a field camera by stripping the RF and adding this unit though...
    Not only do you remove the side rangefinder, you also need a plate to cover where it was and then the internal linkage for the RF also has to be removed.

Once you install it the bed will still not drop down far enough to keep it from cutting into the image area with lenses shorter then 90mm when the back is rotated to portrait orientation. So the 3000 bed modification would eliminate that problem but it can not be done on older cameras.

Did you convert your Tech IV with one of these kits?
    The item is still available on Ebay - the machining looks good and the price is $429 shipped free from China.

I have a Tech IV with the range finder removed. I did not use a cover plate for the range finder housing as it is not needed.

I am considering using the Tech IV with 75mm f:5.6 SA and Mamiya 50mm f:6.3 mounted in a compur 0 shutter with this kit installed but I am concerned as to whether infinity focus is possible with both lenses.

If the bed when dropped to the lowest level (#3) is still a problem than the bed could be removed completely!
    I know this is a horrible idea for a Linhof purist but I would be using a Kardan Bi for longer than 75mm FL.

I have several 6x7 and 6x9 Super Rollex's that will be used in addition to 4x5 for the 75mm SA.

Quote Originally Posted by linhofbiker View Post
    Did you convert your Tech IV with one of these kits?
    The item is still available on Ebay - the machining looks good and the price is $429 shipped free from China.

I have a Tech IV with the range finder removed. I did not use a cover plate for the range finder housing as it is not needed.

I am considering using the Tech IV with 75mm f:5.6 SA and Mamiya 50mm f:6.3 mounted in a compur 0 shutter with this kit installed but I am concerned as to whether infinity focus is possible with both lenses.

If the bed when dropped to the lowest level (#3) is still a problem than the bed could be removed completely!
    I know this is a horrible idea for a Linhof purist but I would be using a Kardan Bi for longer than 75mm FL.

I have several 6x7 and 6x9 Super Rollex's that will be used in addition to 4x5 for the 75mm SA.
    Your Technika easily focuses 72 and 75mm lenses to infinity. Yes, the bed has to be dropped to use them.