Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikkor Q 300mm f9

Nikkor Q 300mm f9

Anybody here have experience with this lens? Is it single or multi-coated?

Re: Nikkor Q 300mm f9

This site has resources that new arrivals sometimes have trouble finding. The LF Home Page has FAQs and articles. There's also a large list of useful links. There's a link to it in the first post in https://www.largeformatphotography.i...mainly)-lenses.

I mention the list because it has links to two Nikon LF lenses catalogs -- either will answer your questions about coating -- and because it has instructions for searching the site, including the forum, efficiently with Google Advanced Search. In fairness to new arrivals, the site's native search facility is quite weak. But, there have been many discussions here about f/9 Nikkor Qs including (!) the 300 and the site's own search function should find some of them.

Hop to it.

Drew Wiley

The Q was the single-coated predecessor to the final multi-coated M. I've never tried it because I have the M.

I feel so deprived - I have so many multi uncoated lenses. I can't imagine how I can get an image from them...

Drew Wiley

View cameras lenses are easy to shade. Just depends on the condition and asking price; lots of M 300's come up for sale, not many Q's. Sometimes I prefer the slightly lower contrast of a single-coated lens. Just depends.