Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The real difference between RH ANAYLSER PRO and STOPCLOCK PROFESSIONAL

Re: The real difference between RH ANAYLSER PRO and STOPCLOCK PROFESSIONAL

The videos also explain the functionalities quite well:

http://www.beyondmonochrome.co.uk/ma...t/Archive.html

L

I have an analyser pro and the workflow is quite different than with the Stopclock. In some ways it's faster to get to a reasonably good print. Really fast actually, the analyser is very accurate after calibration. However, once you get that 'pretty good' print, it's a bit more challenging to then move to a perfect print. The analyser does have some automation should you want to do burns which is nice, but it's not as friendly with split grade printing. It seems like the Stopclock makes splitgrade a breeze.

I've only just finished calibrating my Analyser. I am using Ilford MG Classic glossy, Ansco 130, and a Heiland LED. It took a lot of printing sessions to really nail calibration, partly due to user error as the process isn't super intuitive at first. There are lots of ways to make little mistakes that throw off the whole system. After I had my calibration data though I pretty quickly made 3 prints from 3 different negatives. They look good, and with the last one I began exploring the 'difference' burn mode. I can't help but think though that maybe the Stopclock was the better choice for me. The Heiland Splitgrade anaylser is out of my price range, and the Stopclock would make this process easier than with the Analyser Pro. Spitgrade printing is a pretty powerful tool for many negatives, plus creative dodging and burning, etc. During calibration I couldn't help but think, WTH am I doing? I could just be PRINTING. I think the 'promise' of the Analyser Pro is that you can make prints easily with no or a minimum of test strips, which it delivers on I think. But if you are the kind of printer who really works a negative creatively, it may not be the best choice.

I'll stick with mine for a bit, but don't be surprised if you see a WTT ad from me. At the end of the day, printing is challenging. A real art and science. Analysers can help with one area but make others harder. Maybe someone with the Heiland Splitgrade feels differently, I haven't used one.

Quote Originally Posted by sperdynamite View Post
    I have an analyser pro and the workflow is quite different than with the Stopclock. In some ways it's faster to get to a reasonably good print. Really fast actually, the analyser is very accurate after calibration. However, once you get that 'pretty good' print, it's a bit more challenging to then move to a perfect print. The analyser does have some automation should you want to do burns which is nice, but it's not as friendly with split grade printing. It seems like the Stopclock makes splitgrade a breeze.

I've only just finished calibrating my Analyser. I am using Ilford MG Classic glossy, Ansco 130, and a Heiland LED. It took a lot of printing sessions to really nail calibration, partly due to user error as the process isn't super intuitive at first. There are lots of ways to make little mistakes that throw off the whole system. After I had my calibration data though I pretty quickly made 3 prints from 3 different negatives. They look good, and with the last one I began exploring the 'difference' burn mode. I can't help but think though that maybe the Stopclock was the better choice for me. The Heiland Splitgrade anaylser is out of my price range, and the Stopclock would make this process easier than with the Analyser Pro. Spitgrade printing is a pretty powerful tool for many negatives, plus creative dodging and burning, etc. During calibration I couldn't help but think, WTH am I doing? I could just be PRINTING. I think the 'promise' of the Analyser Pro is that you can make prints easily with no or a minimum of test strips, which it delivers on I think. But if you are the kind of printer who really works a negative creatively, it may not be the best choice.

I'll stick with mine for a bit, but don't be surprised if you see a WTT ad from me. At the end of the day, printing is challenging. A real art and science. Analysers can help with one area but make others harder. Maybe someone with the Heiland Splitgrade feels differently, I haven't used one.
    Your post helped a lot. One of my hesitations was if Analyser pro can be useful for Splitgrading. And you gave me the answer... my first choice will be Stopclock... And BTW if you decide to sell Analyser drop me a message, my friend dreams about it and looking for second hand one.