Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The real difference between RH ANAYLSER PRO and STOPCLOCK PROFESSIONAL

The real difference between RH ANAYLSER PRO and STOPCLOCK PROFESSIONAL

Hi All,
    Could you help me to understand what is the difference real between these two RH ANAYLSER PRO and STOPCLOCK PROFESSIONAL? I try to read the manuals but I'm not a native speaker and couldn't get to the point. I would like to buy one of them and it's a quite bi investment so I would not like to make a mistake.
    My enlarger: Durst 138S
    thanks
    S
    Last edited by SilverPr; 13-Feb-2020 at 10:28.

Re: The real difference between RH ANAYLSER PRO and STOPCLOCK PROFESSIONAL

What enlarger do you plan to use it with? Light source? Why not email second hand darkroom and ask them? I use an Analyzer Pro with a DeVere 5108.

My enlarger is Durst 138S... (and once more thanks for your help... last time)

Why not message the inventor? That would be Chris Woodhouse, the co-author of Way Beyond Monochrome.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

The Stopclock is an f-stop timer only, if you want to add an analyser function you need to get the separate Zonemaster enlarging meter. They can link together so you can transfer measurements from the meter to the timer.

The Analyser Pro combines the f-stop timer and the analyser into one unit. The Analyser Pro doesn't have all of the features of the stand-alone timer.

http://www.rhdesigns.co.uk/darkroom/..._products.html

Opps, Adelorenzo beat me to it... anyhow here is what I wrote:

In brief, the analyser pro has a meter the stopclock does not. So, with the analyser you don't need to make test strips, you just use the meter to estimate exposure and contrast. Stopclock works, more or less, like a regular meter. Both increase time by fractions of fstops rather than fractions of seconds.

I use the analyser (with a Durst 138S and a condenser head), and really like it, but it takes quite a bit of time to set up. You need to run tests (and then occasionally update) for each new paper/developer combination.

Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post
    The Stopclock is an f-stop timer only, if you want to add an analyser function you need to get the separate Zonemaster enlarging meter. They can link together so you can transfer measurements from the meter to the timer.

The Analyser Pro combines the f-stop timer and the analyser into one unit. The Analyser Pro doesn't have all of the features of the stand-alone timer.

http://www.rhdesigns.co.uk/darkroom/..._products.html
    I think I got the point .... this Zonemaster was a mist for me! Thank you

I have a Stopclock pro, which is terrific. I had the companying enlarging meter for awhile, but I didn't use it much. The terrific step exposure ability of the Stopclock made the meter unnecessary for me.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

I purchased a Stopclock Pro years ago and then added the Zonemaster a couple of years later to conserve time. When you have the Zonemaster (Analyser works in similar fashion) dialed in to the light source and paper that you have standardized on, then it is very easy to make quick work (in a slightly lazier fashion, in my humble opinion) of your prints without lots of test strips/prints. When you are dealing with one of the variables changing however (as minor as a new batch of the same paper in some cases) you often need to tweak the analyzer to get it back to the right place.

With all of this said, for very precise printing, where I have less focus on convenience and more focus on extracting the most from a print even if it takes longer, I probably favor using a more traditional test print method and the stopclock alone.

Please take this all with a grain of salt, as all three of these items (Stopclock, Stopclock+ Zonemaster, Analyser) are great products and you can achieve wonderful and efficient results from each.

And I would also note that you can also get amazing results without any of these products, just using just a $15 metronome, as the early greats' (e.g. Ansel) and some of the modern greats' (e.g. Sexton) work will attest to.

I hope this helps a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by 36cm2 View Post
    I purchased a Stopclock Pro years ago and then added the Zonemaster a couple of years later to conserve time. When you have the Zonemaster (Analyser works in similar fashion) dialed in to the light source and paper that you have standardized on, then it is very easy to make quick work (in a slightly lazier fashion, in my humble opinion) of your prints without lots of test strips/prints. When you are dealing with one of the variables changing however (as minor as a new batch of the same paper in some cases) you often need to tweak the analyzer to get it back to the right place.

With all of this said, for very precise printing, where I have less focus on convenience and more focus on extracting the most from a print even if it takes longer, I probably favor using a more traditional test print method and the stopclock alone.

Please take this all with a grain of salt, as all three of these items (Stopclock, Stopclock+ Zonemaster, Analyser) are great products and you can achieve wonderful and efficient results from each.

And I would also note that you can also get amazing results without any of these products, just using just a $15 metronome, as the early greats' (e.g. Ansel) and some of the modern greats' (e.g. Sexton) work will attest to.

I hope this helps a bit.
    Yes helps... thank you..