Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chamonix 5x12" camera

Re: Chamonix 5x12" camera

This is second hand but passing it on never the less. A few years ago I was in correspondence with a photographer in I believe Vietnam or Thailand who was using either a Harrison Globe or a Goerz Hypergon (probably the latter) lens on a Chamonix UL or ULF camera that Chamonix modified the bed of his Chamonix for using his ultra WA lens on. He wrote me that Chamonix was very accommodating in fabricate/modifying his camera. I have only dealt with Hugo in the USA, and I can attest that Hugo has always been more than accommodating with me as to our transactions.

FYI: In the 1980s we contacted a top line view camera manufacturer as to having them modify one of their 8x10s into an 11x14... after many, many times of trying to contact them, they finally wrote us with something like Sorry, our camera's design is not made to be modified in any way from what we currently offer.

I use both FP4+ and x-ray film in my Korona. I still miss my Korona 7x17, but at 91 it is too much for me to handle.
    The X-ray film is double sided dental film which I don't have to cut down.

Bless you Jim Noel, @ 68 yrs. I will transition from the 7x17 to the 5x12" format and hope to be making contact prints into my 90s !! Thanks for reaching out !!

Real photographs are born wet !

www.PowerOfProcessTips.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherman View Post
    Bless you Jim Noel, @ 68 yrs. I will transition from the 7x17 to the 5x12" format and hope to be making contact prints into my 90s !! Thanks for reaching out !!
    Y'all make me feel like a young whipper snapper at 56 years old. Guess I better start parting with some of my rangefinders and saving up.
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography

There is no greater pleasure for me in photography than seeing a nice big image on the ground glass, and the resulting print.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    There is no greater pleasure for me in photography than seeing a nice big image on the ground glass, and the resulting print.
    +1. The bigger the better. Will continue to consistently hit the gym as a natural hedge to keep me in this game. I am reminded of the quote from Satchel Page who pitched in the negro leagues and without a birth certificate. It is believed he played at the highest level well into his 40's. "How Old Would You Be If You Did Not Know How Old You Were?
    Last edited by Michael Kadillak; 15-Feb-2020 at 13:09. Reason: typo

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

I love my 8x20 and I still have plenty of film in the freezer for it. If I can keep going like Jim Noel is with his ULF system I'll be able to use up the film. Jim Noel is my hero as a ULF shooter and I'm a mere 21 years younger and still loving the 8x20. Good luck on the 5x12 Steve.

Thanks for the very kind words Jim.

I just confirmed my order of the 5x12 and holders with Hugo. Anyone else besides Steve and I?
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography