Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: A question on FS rule enforcement

Re: A question on FS rule enforcement

Quote Originally Posted by Renato Tonelli View Post
    I have had a few FS posts deleted because they were considered bumps (i honestly did not think they were); no editing, no 'sale pending payment' posts - I finally got it!
    There's no need to guess, or to try to figure out what the rules are based on a pattern of deletions - it's all there in the guidelines. Please read them if you haven't already. If you have read the guidelines and you're not sure about the meaning of something or how we will interpret it, please ask - we're happy to explain. If you've seen a deletion note on one of your posts (you are paying attention to those, right?) and you don't understand it, then again, please ask!

Also, if you see something in the FS forum that is new to you, and you want to ask about it, just start a thread about it in the appropriate equipment sub forum.

Just don’t reference the sale. (“I saw a picture of a Framistan Rheostat and wonder what its used for.”)

Rick “easy peasy” Denney

Wow, so now the mods are joining in on the personal attack...just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    Wow, so now the mods are joining in on the personal attack...just wow.
    I'm confused, Brad. Which moderator posts represent a "personal attack?" Please be specific and explain how they are. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    There's no need to guess, or to try to figure out what the rules are based on a pattern of deletions - it's all there in the guidelines. Please read them if you haven't already. If you have read the guidelines and you're not sure about the meaning of something or how we will interpret it, please ask - we're happy to explain. If you've seen a deletion note on one of your posts (you are paying attention to those, right?) and you don't understand it, then again, please ask!
    Like I said, "I finally got it!".

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    I’ve learned a lot from Dan, in between being exasperated by him. But it’s fair to say I’ve annoyed him a time or two, also.

I’ve never thought he intended ill to me or anyone else.

But now who is making it personal?

Rick “this has probably run its course, but we’ll see” Denney
    Seriously, Rick... you don’t think that referring to a member with a clearly male name as “it” was cold and intentionally offensive? Please do us all a favor and lock this thread, as it should have been locked after the initial intercourse. Or let it go on so I can LMFAO some more.

The question was asked and answered a long time ago!
    Last edited by BrianShaw; 5-Mar-2020 at 16:18. Reason: Punctuation

My concern with this thread, now that it has reached 7 pages primarily motivated by one seller's desire to have rules more amenable to his sales, is that it may be taking up too much of the moderator's time. Remember that they are volunteers, freely giving us users their time.

As to the "curmudgeon" sub-text, I've been a member of this forum for a lot of years now, and rarely find that anyone is being so unfriendly as to drive others away. Yes, there are a very small number of posters who seem to be consistently negative, but that is a small price to pay for the wealth of information and creative ideas that users of LF cannot find anywhere else. I respect Corran a lot, so when he says that new potential members in his age group have been driven away by "curmudgeons" (I love that word, it feels so 19th century!), perhaps we could have a separate thread of examples which we could learn from (i.e. how to phrase things less aggressively). I wouldn't want to debate the issue, but if people are really being turned off, I would love to see what it was that turned them off.

I actually wrote a reply earlier and then decided not to post it. I'm doing that more lately. Take from that what you will.

This forum is a valuable thing for LF practitioners, but I do think some could do better with their irascibility (that includes me, on occasion).

PS: I really wanted to use the word "irascibility" .

PPS: Take a look at the number of users online, both "guests" and registered users, and consider how many posts are made on the forum daily.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

So the lesson here is pretty clear. If you post in the classified section, you are of a lower status member and can expect to be treated as such.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Seriously, Rick... you don’t think that, referring to a member with a clearly male name as “it”, was cold and intentionally offensive? Please do us all a favor an lock this thread, as it should have been locked after the initial intercourse. Or let it go on so I can LMFAO some more.

The question was asked and answered a long time ago!
    There’s a word for looking for the most upsetting interpretation of whatever is said, and that’s “tendentious”. My vision of this forum is never needing to use that word.

Rick “not sifting every word for a reason to be offended” Denney