Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backpack for Arca Swiss f line 4x5 171x171?

Backpack for Arca Swiss f line 4x5 171x171?

Guys, recommendation of a backpack to carry a Swiss Ark.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Re: Backpack for Arca Swiss f line 4x5 171x171?

What else are you going to carry? #lenses, film holders, accessories, etc? Monorails can usually be disassembled/collapsed and put into a small ICU/case without the rails. Once at location carry on the tripod between shots.
    Here is a recent discussion on my Atlas pack and several others.
    https://www.largeformatphotography.i...ead.php?152509
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography

Quote Originally Posted by esearing View Post
    What else are you going to carry? #lenses, film holders, accessories, etc? Monorails can usually be disassembled/collapsed and put into a small ICU/case without the rails. Once at location carry on the tripod between shots.
    Thank you very much for the recommendation.

I carry mine in a Mindshift Firstlight 30, typically with a compendium, 3 lenses, 5 film holders, loupe, lightmeter, darkcloth and a filter case. Its tight, but it works

I read the thread of the conversation, very interested and no doubt it was very helpful, I have the camera mounted on a 40cm collapsible rail. I take note and now what comes in the budget,
    a subject the ICU box of which brand are they?

excellent, I am in the same, camera, three lenses, magnifying glass, 5 to 10 chassis and dark cloth. next pass, put together the budget, between the two options I will start working on the definition

When I'm carrying the whole outfit--camera, 6 lenses, 40cm extension rail, dark cloth, and all the misc paraphernali--it goes into an F-Stop Pro ICU XLarge that then goes into a Kelty P2 backpack. When I went to travel light--camera, 3 lenses, dark cloth, etc--it goes into a medium size Amazon Basic backpack. Film holders are carried separately in photobackpacker accordion cases, as well as the tripod.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan9940 View Post
    When I'm carrying the whole outfit--camera, 6 lenses, 40cm extension rail, dark cloth, and all the misc paraphernali--it goes into an F-Stop Pro ICU XLarge that then goes into a Kelty P2 backpack. When I went to travel light--camera, 3 lenses, dark cloth, etc--it goes into a medium size Amazon Basic backpack. Film holders are carried separately in photobackpacker accordion cases, as well as the tripod.
    I think it's the best shot, to go get some ICUs, from F-stop, and then some backpacks.

Also intended use gives you some options. Short distances a rectangular duffle bag with cardboard inserts to hang the Monorail upside down will work. Lenses and holders go on the sides, and a nice padded shoulder strap makes it carry-able for up to a mile. For long distances you will want to visit a hiking/camping store to try out 30L to 60L packs to see how they fit. Also check out Fishing and Hunting stores to see what they offer. The main things I looked for in my pack were 1) fit and comfort while hiking, 2) ease of access to everything I use for a shoot. That ruled out top loaders and most front loaders for me since I didn't want to have to unload ICUs or dig through a bunch of pockets.
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography

Also intended use gives you some options. Short distances a rectangular duffle bag with cardboard inserts to hang the Monorail upside down will work. Lenses and holders go on the sides, and a nice padded shoulder strap makes it carry-able for up to a mile. For long distances you will want to visit a hiking/camping store to try out 30L to 60L packs to see how they fit. Also check out Fishing and Hunting stores to see what they offer. The main things I looked for in my pack were 1) fit and comfort while hiking, 2) ease of access to everything I use for a shoot. That ruled out top loaders and most front loaders for me since I didn't want to have to unload ICUs or dig through a bunch of pockets.
    we are aligned, for the short exits teng solved with a bag of zone VI, for the long ones, I have a backpack of lowe, it serves, sincerely I want to change it, it is very uncomfortable, and it is not the most appropriate by the size of the camera, in my case first I had the backpack then I arrive the camera. It's time to change it. it's true what you said, look for a comfortable option. I'm very grateful for your comments and tips... they are part of my checklist.