Thread: cambo lens boards.

cambo lens boards.

So, So, I just picked up a Cambo 8x10 monorail camera. Got a really good deal on it, and I expected that it would use the same lens boards as my cambo SCX.
    When I got it, however, I found that it has a larger cambo board (still has the two notches etc)...but it's it's a little over 8.5 inches square.
    So...looking for a copal 3 lens board to fit this beast...or an adapter to something more common ideally. May wind up 3d printing an adapter but thought I'd see if anyone had any lying around or knew where I could get one.

Re: cambo lens boards.

You should have access to the Buy/Sell subforums, post a WTB thread in the WTB subforum.

https://www.pacificrimcamera.com/rl/00838/00838.pdf
    On page 7 of this PDF there is reference to a flat lens board #14/C98, 8 and 9/16th inch square - for use on 5x7 rear standard.
    Perhaps there are models, original or cobbled together, that use 5x7 rear standards up front and have bellows to suit.
    These would be extra useful on very large old lenses.
    If you have a spare regular standard you could take a 8 9/16 board to spacer to 6 7/16 board to regular standard and put your regular boards and lenses on the front of the third standard. I have done that except using a Sinar shutter for the spacer.
    Please do let us know your solution.

Quote Originally Posted by cowanw View Post
    https://www.pacificrimcamera.com/rl/00838/00838.pdf
    On page 7 of this PDF there is reference to a flat lens board #14/C98, 8 and 9/16th inch square - for use on 5x7 rear standard.
    Perhaps there are models, original or cobbled together, that use 5x7 rear standards up front and have bellows to suit.
    These would be extra useful on very large old lenses.
    If you have a spare regular standard you could take a 8 9/16 board to spacer to 6 7/16 board to regular standard and put your regular boards and lenses on the front of the third standard. I have done that except using a Sinar shutter for the spacer.
    Please do let us know your solution.
    Hmm....I think I have hit on a solution. Thanks. I completely missed that.

Ok, the way this thing is set up -- 8x10 back, to an 5x7 (apparently) rear standard, then a second bellows to another 5x7 rear standard. It has a rail extension and was used for macro (which is what I want it for). The rail mount was broken for the second 5x7 standard so I bought a 4x5 front standard to get the base off of.

So....

I have one front 8 and 9/16th lens board with a 4 inch hole so they were using a massive lens -- I take that 4x5 front standard plate of the standard I bought for parts and I bolt it to the existing lens board -- and now I've got an adapter to use regular 6 7/16 boards (which I have a pile of).

This might just work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camboa.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	233966
    Here are some I have done. One is Deardorff to Cambo using a wooden lensboard as a spacer and the other two use a square aluminium piece drilled to a hole to match, say, your 4 inches. My spacers are about 3/4 inch to give enough space to get fingers in to move and mount the adaptor; to angle in and slide the catch. Spray painted black with flat enamel internally or ?anodized?
    If you need it front movements are still possible by loosening all the knobs and wrangling the lens in to position, raising or dropping or moving laterally as required.
    Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cambo.jpg