Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Xtol - Distilled vs Filtered water

Re: Xtol - Distilled vs Filtered water

Yes, I do

Around here we bury all trash in old strip mines.

But a Still that fails and is scrapped is also trash, the metal recycler is too far to justify the gas

For a decade now i have brought my own bags to stores and don't bag vegetables or fruit in another bag.

I was recycling cardboard, but it is no longer wanted by China, which I can understand.

My problem is I see a second and third use for anything, so I have stuff, but not hoarding crap.

Making distilled water is just too costly right now. but I can make a stove top distiller in a jiffy

Wish I had my 60's cars, just in case, as they are easier to make into a Methane vehicle, but since I can hack any car into submission, i'll wait until SHTF. There will be plenty of cars to use...

https://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2011...-vehicles.html

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    All the WalMart distilled water jugs. Plastics. No one has a problem with all that plastic going into the trash?
    sin eater

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    All the WalMart distilled water jugs. Plastics. No one has a problem with all that plastic going into the trash?
    Honestly, that was my primary reason for using filtered tap water. Here in Portland you can recycle plastic jugs, although since China no longer takes the material I have my suspicion it gets landfilled.

That said, I'm running some tests to see if there is any difference. If I decide to start using distilled in plastic I'll try hard to find ways to re-use the jugs, storage for emergency disaster water for example. I don't go through such a large volume that it would be significant but it is an important point worth considering.

I find 1 in 5 plastic bottles leak, some slow some fast.

I check each bottle's bottom with my hand as some are leaking in the store.

My grocery get their plastic bottle water in heavy cardboard, 4 to a case, so i am switching to them, easy to see if leaking and better packaged.

I never buy soda pop or other poison in plastic bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by robbiemcclaran View Post
    Honestly, that was my primary reason for using filtered tap water. Here in Portland you can recycle plastic jugs, although since China no longer takes the material I have my suspicion it gets landfilled.

That said, I'm running some tests to see if there is any difference. If I decide to start using distilled in plastic I'll try hard to find ways to re-use the jugs, storage for emergency disaster water for example. I don't go through such a large volume that it would be significant but it is an important point worth considering.
    sin eater