Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY Sinar Norma Handy 4x5 Photos

Re: DIY Sinar Norma Handy 4x5 Photos

The 58mm XL Graphic Grandagon? Sinar offered that lens in their Norma catalog, I own one on a custom welded Norma flat board heavily modded by my Clockmaker friend. It DOSEN'T cover 4x5 almost 9x12cm wonderful lens. Focus it hyperfocally and the circle increases a tiny, 4x5 is pushing the envelope. I happen to like the dark corners.

The 20mm Russar Finder is something worth having. It is sweet to look through

BTW shooting some XRAY film wide open in a Graphmatic Holder wide open at F8. Back in the day Schneider advertised that the Super Angulon works well even wide open.
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 7-May-2022 at 06:48.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

4x5 SInar Norma Handy by Nokton48, on Flickr

My 4x5 SInar Norma Handy with 65mm F8 Super Angulon, Schneider Center Filter 65/8, and K2 Yellow Series 8 filter. The colored filter presses tightly against the center filter, it's the combination I want to use. Six 4x5 Graphmatic film backs, these will be loaded with HP5+ and 400TMAX 4x5 film. Vivitar 283 strobe with Photoflex XTC mini softbox. Should be interesting for closer in shooting. We will see. A hyperfocal focus chart is printed on the back of each Graphmatic for quick focus setting

― Mark Twain

Norma Handy gets 4 inch Deep Yellow Wratten behind by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here my front end of the Sinar Norma Handy homemade camera, now it gets a 4" Kodak Wratten Deep Yellow Gelatin Filter, which I gaffer taped to the rear of the original Norma 65mm F8 factory conical mount board with correct helical. I prefer the colored filter inside the body (behind the lens) rather than another glass filter, in front of the Schneider 65mm F8 Center Filter. Going through two pieces of glass in front is asking for problems with reflections. Mucho better this way.

― Mark Twain