Thread: Shutter CLA

Shutter CLA

I have a Kodak 127mm in a Supermatic(x) shutter that needs CLA. The glass is perfect! and I have tried the home remedies to get the shutter in shape without taking it apart. At least it operates now and is not bound up solid when I got it. I really don't need it , but would hate for it to just sit on a shelf. I doubt if it would be worth the expense to have the CLA. What should I do with it? Thanks!

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: Shutter CLA

Well... if the home remedy worked then go shoot some pictures. If it starts acting up and you want reliability then consider a professional overhaul.

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

That is one lens I chose to keep, always sharp pictures.
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

If it helps you make great photos you can't get with another lens [that you already own], by all means spend more than it's worth getting some professional work done.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Send it to Carol at Flutos and she will take care of it. If you love it then I'd do it.

If you really don’t need it then have the shutter CLA and sell it. Or just sell it and let the buyer worry about it. You might contact Bob Watkins, Pro Camera in DC, Pro Camera in Charlottesville, Tempe Camera or any of the other professional camera repair stations for costs for a CLA as well as a time frame to do it. Carol isn’t the only person capable of a professional CLA and she is having health problems with her husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    If you really don’t need it then have the shutter CLA and sell it. Or just sell it and let the buyer worry about it. You might contact Bob Watkins, Pro Camera in DC, Pro Camera in Charlottesville, Tempe Camera or any of the other professional camera repair stations for costs for a CLA as well as a time frame to do it. Carol isn’t the only person capable of a professional CLA and she is having health problems with her husband.
    Communicated via email with Carol earlier today. Yes, her husband is dealing with some health issues but at times it is a welcomed diversion to have some work to attend to. Best thing to do is to send her an email and she will let you know where she is with a time line. Her fees are reasonable and she does a fantastic job. Great lady. Over the last year Carol has CLA'd three shutters for me.