Thread: Kodak Eastman View 2D: Extension Rail fitting?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Kodak Eastman View 2D: Extension Rail fitting?

I have a Kodask 2D. I have had it for twenty years at least, having bought it at the Houston Camera show when it was at it's height. Got it for a few hundred dollars, but it came without the extension rail. kept thinking I'd get a rail somewhere, somertime.. Then life happened . . .and eventually the camera shows withered in the face of the onrushing digital world.

So I found one this past week on e-bay at a price I could justify to my financial manager (spouse) and it arrived yesterday. Its in much better condition than I had expected from the pics on the auction site . . . but"

The pegs that mate it with the rest of the focusing bed do not quite match up with the holes. As near as I can eye-ball it, the holes are about 1/16" too narrow center to center from the pegs. Initially I tried to just shave the holes a little with a needle file, but soon realized that this would take weeks and leave my fingeres bloody.

Any suggestions on doing this fitting mod? I want the pieces to go together securely without slop. As important (to me) is that I do not want to butcher the pieces just to get them together. The camera body and focusing bed are not in museum-quality condition, but do look good overall. Yet I still want the mod to look well done.

Any suggestions on how to do this neatly?
    Last edited by Drew Bedo; 4-Feb-2020 at 20:59.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!