Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intriguing Bag Design for 8x10

Intriguing Bag Design for 8x10

This design really intrigued me and seems to be a very unique design. I’ve yet to come across anything like it on the market. Custom made by hand in Japan by a GOOD SLEEVES. Google searches show very little about this brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Intriguing Bag Design for 8x10

Quote Originally Posted by dodphotography View Post
    Google searches show very little about this brand.
    Need to work on your Google-fu. Here is the GOOD SLEEVES website and the web store. Looks like they have an 8x10 camera case, another case that can carry three 8x10 film holders and a backpack. All look to be designed for a Deardorff V8.

Quote Originally Posted by dfort View Post
    Need to work on your Google-fu. Here is the GOOD SLEEVES website and the web store. Looks like they have an 8x10 camera case, another case that can carry three 8x10 film holders and a backpack. All look to be designed for a Deardorff V8.
    Yes... should have been more clear, I know they have a website. However, I meant there is zero feedback from any real users / ie kind of a risk sending big coin somewhere with little to no feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Audio Mixer Bags
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I use Audio Mixer Bags
    Me too.

Drew Wiley

Nice looking. That's the problem. I has "steal me" written all over it.

They all look pretty good. Where are they made? I read some but didn't find it.

Full disclosure: I don't think I have ever bought a camera bag brand new. Everything ion my closet came with gear that I had bought rom someone else. While much of that gear has been traded away or sold off, the bags stayed. A few other bags were picked up at Goodwill and repurposed from some other refunction. These asre my "Stealth" bags.

Now it is true that I am not in the public eye as, say, a portrait photographer would be, so there is no need to project a "professional" image to a client. I had a friend who did weddings, and that was a real issue for him.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    They all look pretty good. Where are they made? I read some but didn't find it.

Full disclosure: I don't think I have ever bought a camera bag brand new. Everything ion my closet came with gear that I had bought rom someone else. While much of that gear has been traded away or sold off, the bags stayed. A few other bags were picked up at Goodwill and repurposed from some other refunction. These asre my "Stealth" bags.
    I believe the Good Sleeves bag is made in China.

And, one can't have too many bags!

You guys are weak. I carry my 8x10, 11x14 and my banquet cameras by hand. I wear dad pants with those side pockets and line them up with $100,000 worth of lenses. I put film in my holders out on the field so fast they don't have time to get exposed.

Anyway, that bag, that looks nice and well made. Pretty wide though. Maybe it works for people in Japan where they are into it and not get robbed on the bullet train. I can see a market for a bag like that in Japan. it looks very similar to a lot of bags I see people use in that country (never been but I do watch a lot of movies and Youtube). It would be neat to see reviews of people actually using it. I think a shoulder bag is good if you need to get things out quickly such as train fare, maps, snacks and drinks. I bet your shoulder would hurt after a 1 mile hike with that.

Here in good old America, we drive $100,000, 8 thousand pound SUV's, so we can haul all our camera gear. And 1 person. And complain about gas prices.
    --

I use one of these drink cooler backpacks. The insulation offers protection for the camera. No room for film holders, those go in a separate bag but the pouch holds the lens.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ao-coolers-18-pack-back-pack-198.png.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	239103