Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 45mxt and contrast filters

Re: 45mxt and contrast filters

Quote Originally Posted by jtomasella View Post
    Do you really want to know? I siliconed the lens to it. Worked like a charm.
    You were determined to print!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    I had a 45MXT and trimmed 6x6 filters to fit the filter drawer. As mentioned above I made a template and trimmed the filters to fit. I had no problems printing 4x5 negatives. When I got rid of the enlarger the filters went with it.

Roger
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Pacilla View Post
    Thumbs up Roger! I do/did the same.
    Please explain further. Are you talking about the area that opens up on the condenser head? I tried every which way and could not get a filter to work without significant blockage of the light. And, is only useful if one has that specific head, and not a diffusion head (at least, my diffusion heads have no filter ability).

I am confused as to why some with Beseler enlargers talk about an "upper filter drawer." To me this implies something ON the enlarger, not head. I have no such thing on any of my 3 Beselers.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

CB7 But I had a MX with similar, perhaps parts missing

IMG-2626 by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

IMG-2627 by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

IMG-2628 by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Please explain further. Are you talking about the area that opens up on the condenser head? I tried every which way and could not get a filter to work without significant blockage of the light. And, is only useful if one has that specific head, and not a diffusion head (at least, my diffusion heads have no filter ability).

I am confused as to why some with Beseler enlargers talk about an "upper filter drawer." To me this implies something ON the enlarger, not head. I have no such thing on any of my 3 Beselers.
    Mine has a door right under the condenser and looks like the one in Tin Cans second picture (the left side one)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Tymon View Post
    You were determined to print!

Yes. If the silicone didn't work I was going to make one using marine tex.

... I am confused as to why some with Beseler enlargers talk about an "upper filter drawer." To me this implies something ON the enlarger, not head. I have no such thing on any of my 3 Beselers.
    Here's pic of the classic 45MCRX. Note the little handle above and to the left of the lens stage. It is the drawer for 6x6cm filters and slides in just above the rear element of the lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128127754@N02/15320867464

I haven't had my Beseler condenser head out for years (25+!!). I guess it has a place for 6x6-inch filters just below the condensers. I've got a Chromega E 5x7 color head adapted to my main enlarger.

Best,

Doremus

Quote Originally Posted by jtomasella View Post
    My swing away is round. I'll get a picture up of the upper today.
    My swing-away filter holder on the 45MX also appears round and there is a round hole in the bottom of the holder, but there is no round frame for the filter, just supports on each side. 6x6cm square filters fit just fine with the corners sticking out.

Best,

Doremus

My MXT filter drawer was similar to tincan show on his CB7b Here’s a link to the owners manual http://www.jollinger.com/photo/cam-c...eler_45mxt.pdf

Page one item #14 shows the filter drawer and page 9 item 17 & 18 shows the filter tray.

This is specifically on the condenser head. Unfortunately I’m not familiar with the diffusion heads so I can’t be of much help.

Roger

Interesting. Neither my MXT or MX have that above-the-lens drawer. Wish it did! Was it an extra add-on accessory??

Randy, thanks for the pics. My condenser opens up but the inside is just empty, with very little room for anything. I do not have any of those pieces and like I said earlier, when I tried putting gel filters in there (Cut to round on the backside) I couldn't get them to totally cover the 4x5 area. Did they have an earlier model with no filter area ability perhaps? And if I put my diffusion head in, there would be no drawer anyway. So in my case, the only filters possible are under-the-lens type it seems.

I do not know if my case is common or the exception!
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

The MXT I gave away had the 6X6 slider for 6x6 filters

My Beseler 23cIII-XL has the swing in and out tray for 6X6 filters and came with a red filter in it, it is a Dichro head with no fan inside or outside, so no vibration

I see B&H sells them new with 230v but changing to 120V would be trivial https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ml/accessories

I also see the 12 filter set is kindly priced https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ilter_Set.html
    Tin Can