Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: source of new shutters

Re: source of new shutters

Keep an eye on eBay. In the past year or two or three, I picked up a NOS Ilex #5 and a NOS Copal 3 for under $300 each. Don't have the barrel lenses to be mounted in them yet, but at least I have the shutters. Also once bought a 12" or 14" Ektar whose glass was completely trashed for under $200 just to acquire the large Ilex. While back heard from a friend in NYC that one camera store down there had a bunch of NOS shutters in their back room and they were FS. No, he wouldn't tell me which store it was at the time, and I have unfortunately lost contact with him. If you're in NYC, I'd ask around in every small Photo store (remember them), maybe you'll get lucky.

I was just shopping these shutters, https://packardshutter.com/

These are very old and still made. They work well for me

I was looking for a smaller size they don't make, to fit inside a 120 year old camera, but I have a plan...
    Tin Can

I plan on sending him a couple and see what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Keep an eye on eBay. In the past year or two or three, I picked up a NOS Ilex #5 and a NOS Copal 3 for under $300 each. Don't have the barrel lenses to be mounted in them yet, but at least I have the shutters. Also once bought a 12" or 14" Ektar whose glass was completely trashed for under $200 just to acquire the large Ilex. While back heard from a friend in NYC that one camera store down there had a bunch of NOS shutters in their back room and they were FS. No, he wouldn't tell me which store it was at the time, and I have unfortunately lost contact with him. If you're in NYC, I'd ask around in every small Photo store (remember them), maybe you'll get lucky.
    Skgrimes.com made me adapter rings for my Ilex #5 so I can mount achromat close-up filters behind to have a "cheap" Kodak Portrait lens, and both front and back to have a soft aplanat.

Big Wehman, Toyo 5x7" and a small Chamonix