Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: 300mm lens on Linhof Master Technika

  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    North of Chicago
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: 300mm lens on Linhof Master Technika

    Quote Originally Posted by Atul Mohidekar View Post
    From all these replies, it seems like a non-Tele, smaller field-type 300mm lens can be used on MT: with movement at infinity and with some limited movements at shorter focusing distances.// Atul
    If anything you will have a larger image circle the closer you focus, although at the bellows extensions we're talking about the difference will be negligible. Macro is another story...

    A 300mm lens is eminently usable on a Technika and I think should have enough movements available to do just about anything you want.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    12,754

    Re: 300mm lens on Linhof Master Technika

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wasserman View Post
    If anything you will have a larger image circle the closer you focus, although at the bellows extensions we're talking about the difference will be negligible. Macro is another story...

    A 300mm lens is eminently usable on a Technika and I think should have enough movements available to do just about anything you want.
    Lenses as long as 360mm can becam coupled to 45 Technikas so 300mm is easily useable over a normal range of distances.

  3. #13
    Drew Wiley
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    SF Bay area, CA
    Posts
    13,752

    Re: 300mm lens on Linhof Master Technika

    With either a 300M Nikkor or 300C Fuji you'll have an enormous amount of image circle wiggle room on 4x5 film, even at infinity. I have no personal experience with the Apo Ronar.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area, California
    Posts
    169

    Re: 300mm lens on Linhof Master Technika

    Thank you, Len, Richard, Bob and Drew, for the additional information.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    756

    Re: 300mm lens on Linhof Master Technika

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Lenses as long as 360mm can becam coupled to 45 Technikas so 300mm is easily useable over a normal range of distances.
    Bob,

    Just to be clear, as you talking ab out non-telephoto lenses, as my 355mm Repro Claron is not in the rear most focused position at infinity when the beds are extended.

    I assumed that because of that my lens could not be cammed.

    Looking forward to your clarification.

    Thanks,

    Len

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    12,754

    Re: 300mm lens on Linhof Master Technika

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Middleton View Post
    Bob,

    Just to be clear, as you talking ab out non-telephoto lenses, as my 355mm Repro Claron is not in the rear most focused position at infinity when the beds are extended.

    I assumed that because of that my lens could not be cammed.

    Looking forward to your clarification.

    Thanks,

    Len
    If the shop was willing to they should be able to use a 360 cam to cam your lens.

Similar Threads

  1. Linhof Master Technika Lens Options?
    By LFLarry in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 19-Dec-2019, 14:54
  2. Best Method For Getting 300mm Bellows Draw on Linhof Master Technika?
    By LFLarry in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 1-Dec-2019, 12:17
  3. Linhof lens board does not fit to Linhof Master Technika!
    By RussPhoto in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 26-Dec-2015, 15:59
  4. Lens on Linhof Master Technika 2000
    By asd in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 8-Apr-2009, 09:20
  5. vignetting of 75 mm lens on Linhof Master Technika
    By Henry Carter in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 19-Jan-2005, 18:03

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •