Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peak Design Travel Tripod for LF?

Re: Peak Design Travel Tripod for LF?

Quote Originally Posted by ruberretu View Post
    So is the FLM CP26 still the gold standard for travel tripods? Does anyone know the difference between the CP26 Series I and Series II?
    Thanks for calling us the gold standard

The following changes were made to the FLM Series II CP26-Travel tripod in order to improve its stability while not making it too light or flimsy:
    • no center post
    • legs cannot fold backward
    • milled apex
    • last 2 leg sections at the bottom are thicker than before
    • re-designed leg angle locks
    • 10x carbon fiber
    • re-designed rubber feet for better balance at all leg angles (with standard 3/8" mount)

There is also a new CP30-M5 Hybrid tripod coming out next month that I hope will hit a sweet spot for better-than-travel-tripod-stability and portability.

I hope that helps.

We look forward to 20.2.2020 new FLM products
    Tin Can

I'm not a fan of ballheads either but I would like to try the PD tripod. Perhaps in a store or something.

My current favorite 4x5 tripod would be classified as much to small/flimsy for LF by most here but IMO it works fine...for me and the conditions I'm generally in. So perhaps the PD could work for me and give me an even lighter/smaller/more compact option.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I mean... ball heads work if you have the right one. A BH55 does the trick but it’s huge and expensive ... so yeah, there’s that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    I'm not a fan of ballheads either but I would like to try the PD tripod. Perhaps in a store or something.

My current favorite 4x5 tripod would be classified as much to small/flimsy for LF by most here but IMO it works fine...for me and the conditions I'm generally in. So perhaps the PD could work for me and give me an even lighter/smaller/more compact option.
    I assisted for someone once who had an 1114 drilled out Dorf on a series 2 gitzo.. the negs were sharp! So... yeah, people do crazy things and if it works it works!

Quote Originally Posted by dodphotography View Post
    I mean... ball heads work if you have the right one. A BH55 does the trick but it’s huge and expensive ... so yeah, there’s that.

+1

I use the BH55 and is rock solid. The ability to adjust all rotations adjusting the friction and then just lock it in is great and provides incredible versatility and speed.

It’s a bit heavy but I hike with it and my gitzo 3.

Giottos MH3000 never let me down even with big DSLR and 400mm lens, I even added a video 4" QR system for additional support and safety. But once I tried a lighter 3way head for LF I haven't gone back.
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography