Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Stearman Press SP-810

Re: Stearman Press SP-810

Thanks for this: and for the kind comments.
    In order:
    1. 2:2:100
    2. Anything from something like 12 mins to about 18 depending on temperature and what I want to do with the neg (shorter times for scanning only; longer for alt pro attempts, now and/or in the future).
    3. As indicated in the instructions, I think: “panning for gold” for 10 seconds every minute.

I am, let it be said, still very much a novice when it comes to home-developing black and white film. What I do know is that FP4+ is incredibly forgiving but also allows for supreme control once your expertise is pitched up a notch or two.

The only drawback I have with the SP810 over using BTZS tubes is that they take more chemistry. In all else it is a superior system I've found. My tubes are currently gathering dust on a shelf.
    http://www.davidfearnphotography.co.uk
    see too my 5x4 and 8x10 flickr albums

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    1. 2:2:100
    You've got to be ecstatic over those clematis finger stamens, no?

At any rate, I'm really looking forward to your experiments across the "output spectrum" with this relatively burly Pyrocat solution--just having the one time variable would make things so much simpler.

Thanks!
    Re. times, just mostly a question of what temperature I'm going with, and whether I want to push the time out for e.g. Argyrotype (and of course the question of standard zone-stystem expansions or contractions - though I have to say that given that the majority of my negs go through the scanner and into photoshop.)

Quote Originally Posted by CreationBear View Post
    You've got to be ecstatic over those clematis finger stamens, no?

At any rate, I'm really looking forward to your experiments across the "output spectrum" with this relatively burly Pyrocat solution--just having the one time variable would make things so much simpler.
    http://www.davidfearnphotography.co.uk
    see too my 5x4 and 8x10 flickr albums

Is there by any chance an 11x14 is in the works?

Mind sharing a link?

I hope this isn't too off topic, but does anyone have experience using a water bath shaker like this:
    https://www.fishersci.com/shop/produ...aths/p-6448021

I feel like, assuming it can fit the SP-810, it could be a great way to get accurate, repeatable processing.
    There are many shakers available on the used market, especially if you live anywhere near research facilities.

Foamer

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenestanislao View Post
    Is there by any chance an 11x14 is in the works?

I would doubt it. They debated for a long time to make the 8x10 version. Even fewer people are into 11x14. The two strengths of the SP-810 are it's simplicity and that it can process seveal different film sizes.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Quote Originally Posted by David Suchoff View Post
    I feel like, assuming it can fit the SP-810, it could be a great way to get accurate, repeatable processing.
    According to tests Tim has run, the temperature inside the SP-8x10 doesn't fluctuate all that much so no need to worry. Dunno. Haven't tested that theory for myself.

Yes, we have looked at a 11x14. Right now it doesn't look feasible (unless some wants write a really big check); the market isn't big enough.
    We are considering other options: for example, someone wants us to cut up two SP-8x10s and glue them together to make an SP-8x20...